Wednesday 23 June 2021

Mid-Week Munchies

Getting our munch on.

Behold, a baked potato for lunch! With... some sort of leftovers. I have no idea what. I just do know that I sprinkled some of this Tuscan Salad Topped on top, that has seeds and sundried tomatoes and things in it.

Baked Potato with some sort of leftover toppings


I was so excited to find these chips! I had seen people in the US posting about various Dill Pickle flavoured crunchies, and I LOVE dill pickle as a flavour. So I was so disappointed when I realised these really just tasted like the apple cider vinegar with almost no dill flavour. Would not buy again.

Dill Pickle ACV Chips


Coles brand Nature's Kitchen released some frozen vegan pizzas, and of course I had to try the Hawaiian one. Pineapple belongs on pizza and I will not hear otherwise. Anyway, this was OK. A bit dry, and tou can see the cheese didn't really melt, but fun for quick lunch!

Nature's Kitchen Hawaiian Pizza


A quick dinner using some Passage to Asia Teriyaki Sauce and Chickvee strips. I also added some carrot, snow peas, and broccolini and served over rice.

Teriyaki Chicken Stirfry


Teriyaki Chicken Stirfry


Does anyone here like Veronica Mars? Anyone else a fellow Marshmallow? I listed to a podcast called Veronica Mars Investigations, that is going through the series. When they got up to the movie, they did a live watch. Which was the morning in my time zone. I wasn't going to do anything special food wise, but at the last moment I added some mini dandies to my bowl of yoghurt, berries, peanut butter, and pepitas. Because why not.

Veronica Mars Breakfast: Yoghurt, PB, peptias, blueberries, mini Dandies


Finally, these fun little snacks I bought on sale. They are salty and crunchy and fun to eat. I'd buy them again. They do have some other flavours as well, but the ones I saw were all spicy.

Ape Lightly Salted Puffs

8 comments:

  1. The final season (4 I think) of Veronica on Hulu, do you have that?! let me know if you make it and want to roast a marshmallow.. I liked the audiobooks too that the Rob Thomas did. Wish they did the spin-off of her joining the FBI but instead we get Bad Mom's movie, oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have that on a streaming service called Stan here. I watched it all when it first come out. But haven't watched it again until recently... because of reasons. You know the reasons. I have read the books. And now the podcast I listen to is going through season 4 episode by episode, so I am watching it again one by one each week. I am dreading getting to the final episode.

      Delete
  2. I really love to put leftovers in a baked potato! Or, in a quesadilla.
    I've had a lot of dill pickle flavored things that taste more like salt and vinegar, which is a great flavor but a let down when you're promised dill pickle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salt and vinegar is one of my favourite flavours, but this wasn't even a good salt and vinegar sadly.

      Delete
  3. I don't understand the apple cider vinegar addition to the flavor. Dill pickle is already a vinegary kind of flavor. I think someone was confused in recipe development.

    Unrelatedly, you made me want marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really dropped the ball with that flavour.
      And marshmallow up! It is cold here at the moment so I am enjoying Dandies in my hot drinks.

      Delete
  4. You have inspired me to get back into baked potatoes this winter, and I have alllllmost got Michael convinced that they are awesome.

    Funnily enough, I bought those dill pickle chips last weekend to take to a friend's house! They tasted more like the pickle brine than the pickles themselves to me. I was OK with them, but won't buy them often.

    Thanks for the Coles Hawaiian pizza review! I have been eyeing those off in the freezer section for months and I know it won't be amazing but I am just gonna have to buy it one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael doesn't like baked potatoes? This is shocking!

      Delete