Friday 4 June 2021

Eating Out: Cardamom Pod Brickworks

Earlier this year, I had been back at work for a few weeks but things were still hard. I was on reduced hours, so on one of my days off I decided to get out of the house by doing a little mini road trip down to the coast to get some food and visit some nearby shops. The food came courtesy of The Cardamom Pod Brickworks, a fabulous almost all plant-based cafe (they do have cow milk for their coffees), which I have visited a few times before.

I was keen to try the Iced Matcha, which was described as being made with oat milk, tahini, and maple syrup. It was a good matcha, though I couldn't really tell it had tahini in it.

Iced Matcha at The Cardamom Pod Southport


For my food, I ordered the Healthy Benny. They also have a 'blinged out benny' (that I have had before), but I was craving something a bit lighter and tempeh and sweet potato sounded just right. It has sweet potato, field mushrooms, avocado, tempeh (yay tempeh!), cashew hollondaise sauce, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes. As you can see, it was beautifully presented! And it was really just what I wanted.

Healthy Benny at The Cardamom Pod Southport


The cafe is situated in a little centre that has several other shops, including a bulk foods shop, an eco friendly shop, and a fruit and vegetable market and deli. The market and deli also has an ice cream shop in it, that had several vegan flavours. I didn't get any as I was pretty fully, but I took a photo!

Vegan Sorbet ad Ferry Markets


I got a couple of nice things from the market, including some lovely heirloom tomatoes and purple carrots, also some curry leaves as I was looking for some to make some specific recipes.

Fun things from Ferry Market


But the main other reason I went down there was to visit Discount Grocery Outlet in Southport, just a few minutes drive away. This is a discount shop that I heard carried quite a few vegan products at heavily discounted prices. But most importantly, they were selling the new Flora Professional Plant Cream for only $1.99 per carton, rather than the usual $14.99 or thereabouts. They had that, and more. All the products were either close to or just past their best before date, but they are just a suggestion and I had no problem with any of these products. I got all of this for less than $24!

Haul from Grocery Outlet


I'll be talking about some of these products in upcoming posts, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. That ice cream is so pretty! As is everything else here. Purple carrots are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost never see any fun coloured carrots, so I always jump on them where are I can. I made some cute roasted carrots with them and some orange ones.

      Delete