Thursday 10 June 2021

Midweek Munchies

A selection of random foods I have eaten.

I got these Eaty Gourmet Snags from the Discount Grocery Outlet. I had seen them in supermarkets, but being that they have coconut oil in them I was only willing to give them a chance at an extremely discounted price. They were OK. Not amazing though, I wouldn't buy them again unless they were very discounted. The coconut oil was not prominent or gross, which was good. I served them in a summery way with potato salad, corn on the cob, and cucumber.

Eaty Gourmet Pork Sausages


Eaty Gourmet Pork Sausages


Enjoy this terrible photo of a ham and cheese tik tok wrap. It is a pretty fun thing to do, though terrible to photograph. In the back ground are some roasted and squashed potatoes.

Ham and Cheese Tik Tok Wrap


I bought this Bae Korean Pear Juice because it sounded amusing. I was less amused when I got to the register and realised this tiny thing was $4. But I was committed. Apparently it is some sort of special pear juice that will stop you getting hungover. I don't know about that, I don't drink. What I can say is that it was nice. Different from regular pear juice. But no way would I buy it again for the price. Also, when I was trying to open it a bunch splurted out onto the bench. A devestating amount of cents lost.

Bae Juice


Earth is a brand that has a bunch of different sorts of vegan party food snacks for the oven. I was curious to try these Chickenless Cheeseballs. Well, I would call them chickenless balls. They were nice, crunchy on the outside, a good nuggety texture. But where was the cheese? It was just a tiny drizzle in the middle of each. I was expecting a full on ooze.

Earth Chickenless Cheese Balls


Some fancy cheeses that do not have coconut oil in them that I bought from The Green Edge. The Fine Cultures Port Cheddar will feature in an upcoming midweek munchies. I realised that I don't have any photos of the Delictio Vegan Chevre, but I ate it smeared on crackers or in sandwiches. It was really nice. A bit smudgy with the ashy outside though! But would buy again.

Fancy Cheese


Finally, a vegan jerky that has popped up in Woolworths. I liked this, it is good and peppery, not too chewy for my poor TMJ. I love finding savoury snack options.

King's Veggie Jerky


4 comments:

  1. Yay for savory snacks! That reminds me that I bought some jerky and keep forgetting to grab it when I want a snack. I'm glad you liked it.

    The pear juice seems to be made from Korean pears, which are a bit different--but I think the same anti-hangover effect can come from just eating pears while you drink. I don't know. I don't drink either and that's a really high price for juice. So I'm not going to test it. But maybe someone will tell us sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get some more jerky. I just bought some shiitake mushroom crisp things which are savoury and good.

      Delete
  2. I just love the names of things! Snags!! Tik Tok wraps! Also, I probably need some of that pricy pear juice for my weekend drinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a useless test subject for the pear juice as I don't drink. But if you find some, please report on your results!

      Delete