Monday 31 May 2021

Abby

A non-food post. I mentioned a few posts back that I had been down to the coast for a special reason, and this was the reason.

Those who follow my on the socials have already met Abby. If you don't... well, this is Abby.

Abby


Abby came into my house just five weeks after Dim Sim passed. Too soon really, but I needed someone to get up for, to look after. Abby is five years old, and she has been in foster care almost her whole life. She was rescued off the streets with her mum as a teenager kitten, and she was very anti-social. Her carers put amazing work into making her blossom into the sweetie pie smoochy pants that she is today. However, she is an incredibly shy scaredy-cat, so no one was very keen on adopting her.

Abby


Her little face in her profile photos was so sweet, and I felt that maybe this shy little girl and my broken heart could take our time to form a bond together. When I went to the meet and greet with her, all I did was peek at her from where she was hiding on top of the kitchen cupboards at her carer's house. We mostly chatted about Abby, and I patted some of her other cats. But I just felt like if Abby was willing to take a chance on me, I was willing to take a chance on Abby.

Abby


In a twist no one saw coming, Abby was coming out for pats with me within the first week. We had expected it to take months. She's still a shy girl, she is just coming around to my dad, still hiding from my mum, and doesn't go downstairs. But with me she is a total love bug. She doesn't like to be cuddled or restrained (I pick her up occasionally for a quick hug if she doesn't squirm away and she is starting to tolerate it better), but she loves loves loves getting pats.

Abby


Abby has been a very brave girl, having a dental a few weeks ago to take some sore teeth out. She was really good at the clinic! And she was very forgiving of me when we got home. For all her wariness, she doesn't hold a grudge. She loves to play with her mousies, eat her food, get all the pats, and she sleeps on the bed. Though not all night, early morning is for loud playing with the mousies.

Abby


Opening my heart to Abby has been hard. Not because she makes it hard, she is so sweet and full of love towards me, but my heart is so broken and obviously no one can replace my girls, who were my soul mates. But I do love her, she is a wonderful sweet little friend, and she has made my life better at a time when I thought I couldn't go on. So, official blog welcome to Abby!

Abby

7 comments:

  1. She seems sweet! I know what you mean about a broken heart. Perhaps you can heal each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is helping me find a new way forward in the world. And she is just ridiculously sweet.

      Delete
  2. Yay Abby!!!!! Such an awesome kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping you would do a whole post on sweet Abby!
    When Dylan passed, I don't know what I would have done without these girls. Like you said, they gave me something to get up and care for. I couldn't totally lose it.
    I'm so glad you guys found each other!!! She is a very beautiful girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have now debuted her on all the things! Not having any cats in the house at all after Dim Sim was so lonely, having someone to care for makes a world of difference.

      Delete
  4. I couldn't be happier for both of you! Five years in foster and now she has her forever home with the best fur-mom EVER! Lots of happy snuggles to come :)

    ReplyDelete