Wednesday 4 October 2023

Midweek Munchies

Ooof, had a bit of a fatigue flare over the weekend, so kept things pretty low key and didn't do any blogging. But resurrecting myself for a little Midweek Munchies post now.

Double-Stuff Oreos! Two new vegan flavours here were the cinnamon bun (though I have had these before thanks to US friends) and the Choc-Hazelnut. I have to say that the Choc-Hazelnut are SO GOOD! Definitely my current flavour Oreo flavour.

Oreos


The final one of my Treat Dreams flavours, the Emo Unicorn. This was a dark chocolate take on their original Unicon bar, which I never tried because it was white chocolate. Basically dark chocolate full of skittles, lollies, candy horns, and other things. Utterly ridiculous, so messy, but fun.

Treat Dreams


Artisa is a brand of vegan cheese I have never tried because it has coconut oil in it. I got this block on a super sale, so I figured if it was gross I wouldn't be wasting much money. Oh boy, was it gross. The entire block was covered in a coconut oil grease. Yuck yuck yuck. Blotting it off did not help much. Not even my parents liked it.

Blue Cheese


Strawberry Mylk! A fun little puch to take to work, though it did have a very weird aftertaste.

Strawberry Milk


I love these Lime and Cracked Pepper Chickpea Snacks. They are so tangy and savoury and crunchy.

Roasted Chickpea Snacks


Finally, some fun vegan fruit jellies. Two fruits in strawberry jelly. The strawberry jelly was the best, strawberry being the best jelly flavour, though the fruits were a bit tough. But work it for the jelly.

Fruits in Jelly


Just a short little post today. Hope everyone is doing the best they can. Hang in there!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Mirabelle


Mirabelle and her happy paws, making biscuits in the air.



7 comments:

  1. Glad you're doing a bit better! I'm doing the best I can, fascinated by your chocolate bar. That cat looks very snuggly; I probably should worry about the claws but I'd just want to rub my nose on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that once your PhD work is done that your fatigue flares calm down. Here’s hoping 😊. Man I need to get some Oreos stat! - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The PhD work is essentially done, I am just waiting forever for feedback. But I am working on another paper... thankfully co-authoring with a bunch of other people, and finding the energy for that has been haaard.

      Delete
  3. Shoot I am sorry - I was hoping PhD stress was the culprit. I am sending all good health and energy vibes your way -Sri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will keep an eye out for those choc-hazelnut Oreos! And well done on stretching out those Treat Dreams, I'm sad they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I made them last as long as I could. But eventually, they just had to be eaten.

      Delete