Wednesday 25 October 2023

Midweek Munchies

Hello friends, how are you? Back with another easy midweek munchies post. I am back at work this week, holidays over. Also every spare cell of brain space I have is currently taken up with my Our Flag Means Death hyperfixation. I did go to the Taylor Swift Era's film last week as well (N95 mask firmly attached), and 1989 Taylor's Version comes out on Friday. So my niche fixation is finding OFDM edits to Taylor Swift songs on TikTok. What a time to be alive. But here are some snacks and things.

I bought this Black Lemonade brownie mix ages ago, and finally used it to take to a housewarming. It is also gluten free (the person I was going to see is gluten free, so that was handy) and extremely east to make. The brownies were incredible, I could not tell they were gluten free, and I loved the tangy raspberry flavour in them.

Black Lemonade Bakery Brownies


Some vegan fairy bread, which I enjoyed at said housewarming. Going to a housewarming was a bit strange given *gestures at pandemic*, but I wore a mask except for the very quick times I nipped off for a snack.

Fairy Bread


These vegan Japanese sauces are available at Woolworths. I used the Yakisoba sauce to make some quick yakisoba using some noodles, prepared tofu, and stir-fry vegetables. The okonomi sauce is excellent for putting on or mixing through things as well.

Japanese Sauces


Yakisoba


I got these Pickled Mushroom chips from Ikea! They needed more flavour on them, but I could get a hint of pickled and maybe a whisper of earthy mushroom from them.

Ikea Chips


New vegan deli slices dropped at Coles, though I haven't seen them since. They were OK, the salami has a lot of pepper in it. The chicken slices were the best, and better than the other vegan chicken slices on the market.

Slices


Cheese and Onion Crunchy Corn that a friend from Scotland sent me! These were so fun, and had a really nice flavour. I am not a fan of popcorn, but I am a fan of these crunchy corn kernels.

BBQ corn from Scotland


Finally someone gave me some of the new Whittakers Oat Milk Chocolate. It is not bad for a milk-style chocolate, not too sweet.

Whittakers Oat Milk


Tell me what you have been hyperfixating on lately? Or I guess, if you have a neurotypical brain, what you have been enjoying.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise


Another funny Eloise photo. She makes the best shapes.





2 comments:

  1. You always have the most interesting foods in your posts! Black Lemonade Brownies or Fairy Bread?!?! Maybe I don't get out enough..... Hope you are having fun in your Taylor love fest. And yes I will definitely update you when I watch Our Flag Means Death (although it might be a while) - Sri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always known that sort of thing as Corn Nuts, though I know that's a brand name. I adore them. Lots of good munchies this time!

    I definitely have hyperfixations, though I've not been suckered into them as much lately. But I'd have to admit to having been searching for unusual recipes a lot lately. I collect things on Pinterest for random ingredients and ponder whether I can justify buying fenugreek, then try to figure out how I would get that anyway given that it's not sold in local stores...

    ReplyDelete