Wednesday 11 October 2023

Midweek Munchies

Hello hello! I have just started almost two weeks of time off work. I am staying home, hanging out with the cats, starting my yearly Buffy rewatch, catching up on some other shows, and generally just trying to chill out. Hurrah!

Starting the post today with these chips, which sound incredible because I love paprika. But unfortunately fall prey to the not enough flavour on them trap that so many chips seem to fall into these days. Say it with me chip companies, coat those chippies with all the flavour please!

Paprika Chips


I am loving these vegan friendly coconut chocolate macaroons. Soft pillowy mounts of coconut with a chocolate base and chocolate drizzle, they are so good! Also they have all of the good sweet coconut flavour, but none of the gross sick-making coconut fat. So it's a win for me.

Coconut Chocolate Cookies


A very belated sharing of some Easter chocolate I had this year. I am working through a backlog of things to share! The very last of my Treat Dreams easter bunnies, as well as a new cream egg and a cookie dough filled chocolate bunny. The cream egg was too sweet, as cream eggs always are for me, but I still insist on having at least one a year! I had heard very good things about the cookie dough bunny, and the filling was good, but unfortunately the chocolate that surrounded it was foul. I have seen the NoMo brand of chocolate around for ages, but never wanted to buy it because I suspected it would be gross. The cookie dough filling lured me in, but confirmed my suspicions.

Easter treats


Bega and Cheer, two Australian dairy brands, both launched their own vegan cheeses this year. The Cheer one is full of coconut oil, but this Bega one seems to be coconut oil free, so I gave it a cautious try. It is not good. Awful straight from the packet, marginally better melted, but I will continue on using my beloved Sheese.

Bega vegan cheese slices


SaraLee has come out with some non-dairy dessert pies. Two are full of coconut cream, but not this blueberry cheesecake! It is was surprisingly good. The cheesecake filling was a little watery, but the berry topping had great flavour and the base was sweet and crunchy. Would get again.

Blueberry Cheesecake


I posted previously about how good the Toatl strawberry and chocolate oatmilk flavours are. I am not usually a caramel person, but someone said it tasted more like brown sugar, and I love brown sugar. It did taste more like caramel, but for some reason the first time I tried it I went against my usual norms and adored it. I got it a second time, and then rembered caramel is too sweet for me. If you are scratching your head at me because brown sugar and caramel taste the same, they don't to me!

Caramel oat milk


I thought I was done with sharing Treat Dreams bars in the last post, but I found one final one to share. The Orange Hazelnut Dark Chocolate. I love chocolate and orange together, which I have discovered is quit a divisive flavour combination. What side do you fall on?

Treat Dreams


That's it for today! What are you all up to this week?

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Mirabelle


Please enjoy this photo of Mirabelle's wrinkly little chinny chin chin.



4 comments:

  1. Caramel and brown sugar are definitely different! Brown sugar has molasses in it; caramel is just melted sugar that has cooked long enough to brown. At least that's what it means here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some people have told me I am being silly and they basically taste the same. But what you said is correct.

      Delete
  2. Chocolate and orange BELONG together! And also, I'm so jealous that y'all are heading into summer soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, you are welcome to take my summer! We have already had some super hot days and it is still half way through spring.

      Delete