Wednesday 27 September 2023

Midweek Munchies

Random things, but featuring several of the now defunct Treat Dreams special flavours.

Like this one, the Wild Hibiscus and Wattleseed. I was extremely suspicious of this, because it is white chocolate, but people told me it had a wonderful flavour on its own. It did not. It just tasted like white chocolate and was gross.

Treat Dreams


This Lamington flavour was much better! It had berries and coconut and little crunchy bits and was very good.

Treat Dreams


I picked up this vegan jerky from Woolworths, and it was good. It takes very similar to jerky I get from the Asian grocery stores, but it was double the price, so I'll skip this particular brand in the future.

Vegan Jerky


When I saw that Kehoe's was making a creamy gerkhin dip, I immediately went out and bought some. I had such high, high, high hopes. And friends, they were crushed. This was SO salty. It just tasted like salt. What an epic disappointment, especially as this brand is not cheap. I'll just make my own gherkin dip in the future.

Kehoe's Gherkin Dip


Incredible new flavoured oat milks have dropped! This brand is available in certain petrol stations, including the petrol station I fill up with! It is the best vegan flavoured milk I've ever had.

Flavoured Oat Milks


Another Treat Dreams flavour, this Toffee Crunch is classic. A dark chocolate with little bits of toffee in it. Normally I don't like toffee, but this is not super sweet and the toffee bits were nice and crunchy.

Treat Dreams


I have known that Sour Patch Kids are vegan for a long time, and I finally tried them. These were cherry cola, pineapple, mango peach, and blue raspberry flavoured. Pineapple and mango peach were my favourite flavours, but overall there are other vegan gummy lollies that I prefer.

Sour Patch Kids


Finishing it off with some Kombucha. I mentioned the Jiva kombucha flavour I tried but didn't like in the last midweek munchies post, but there are the two flavours that I do like! Pomegranate, and Mango and Passionfruit.

Jiva Kombucha


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise getting chippies for her second birthday


Eloise turned two years old yesterday! And what did we do to celebrate? I brought her home some chippies from the McDonalds' drive through (McDonalds fries are vegan here) for a birthday treat. This girl loves her chippies!



4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Eloise! I have never seen a cat eating fries. How adorable 🥰 - Sri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I use a long fry and recreate the spaghetti scene from Lady and the Tramp with her? Yes, yes I did!

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of gherkin dip. I have research to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gherkin dip is soooo good! I am going to have to make one.

      Delete