Tuesday 22 September 2020

Eating In: Pizza, Burgers, Kebabs

Welcome to another edition of Eating In! Food that I have had delivered to my house. This post is a nice carby post, full of things you eat with your hands. Unless you are a person who eats their pizza with a fork.

We have ordered dinner twice from Gustos Gourmet Pizza. They have vegan cheese and lots of vegetable options. The first time I got their Vegetarian Pizza (onion, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, pineapple, olives, herbs, and garlic), no capsicum and use vegan cheese. The second time I got the Margherita Pizza with BBQ base instead of pizza sauce, cherry tomatoes, vegan cheese, basil, and I added on pineapple, olives, mushrooms, and shiitake mushrooms. Both were good and I would definitely order from there again!

Vegetarian Pizza with Vegan Cheese from Gusto's Gourmet Pizza


Pizza with BBQ base, cherry tomatoes, basil, pineapple, mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, olives from Gusto's Gourmet Pizza


Oporto is one of the many chain restaurants that have added a vegan option to their menu. Their vegan burger has a pea and herb patty, avocado, tomato, and lettuce. I got them to leave off the tomato and capsicum relish, and I added pineapple. I really liked this burger, it was a lovely veggie patty and the whole thing was quite fresh and not heavy. I also got some of their chips and a side of grilled corn, and their creamy lemon and herb dressing that is vegan.

Vegan Burger, Chips, Corn from Oportos


Vegan Burger, Chips, Corn from Oportos


I had heard about Taksim Kebab and Pizza from some vegan groups, a Lebanese place with vegan options including vegan meats! Although very close to me, I never had a chance to go there pre-pandemic, but thankfully they are now doing delivery. I got a kebab with vegan lamb in it, and it was very good. Also a huge serving of chips. I am very keen to also try some of their vegan pizzas, and their vegan snack pack (which frustratingly does not appear as a vegan option on UberEats).

Vegan Lamb Kebab from Taskin Kebabs


Finally, another delivery from Grill'd. Although Grill'd is my favourite burger place, sadly they are not great to order from as everything arrives so cold. I perked the chips up in the microwave at least. This time I got a build-your-own burger with a field mushroom, pineapple, mayo, BBQ sauce, cheese, and pickles. It was nice, though the mushroom has not been cooked through and was raw around the stem. Thankfully I have no issues with raw mushrooms.

Grill'd Mushroom Burger and Fries


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Gizmo's 13th Birthday


It has been a while since I have posted a photo of my sweet Gizmo. I still miss her every day.

7 comments:

  1. Vegan lamb! I hope someday to encounter that.

    A toaster oven can help with cold fries the microwave can't salvage, if it comes to that. Sorry you are getting cold fries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you telling me about the toaster oven a while ago, but that was still after this delivery. Next time I will be toaster ovening things up!

      Delete
  2. The pizzas look incredible! There is a place here that is very vegan friendly, and even has a vegan and gluten free crust, but I just can't get excited about a gluten free crust!
    Gizmo has a wisdom and calm I can feel through the photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a true healer kitty. And also the boss of all the other cats.

      Delete
  3. Also, I think about my sweet Dylan every day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pizzas look amazing, and all those chips, yum!
    Oh, Gizmo, such a beauty! <3

    ReplyDelete