Monday 23 October 2017

VeganMoFo 2017 #23: Put it in a Martini Glass.



23rd: Fancy af – Dazzle us with your haute cuisine or gourmet dishes

Due to OzComicCons and illness, I was running a bit short for MoFo planning time. And I got a bit stressed about this fancy business. I didn't have time to go out somewhere fancy, and I didn't have time to make a big fancy menu with all the other things I had planned to make. What to do? What to do? Thankfully, my wonderful friend Michelle came to the rescue with an idea. Well, her idea was to make mousse and serve it in martini glasses. I did not make mousse. However, what is more fancy than food in a martini glass? Very few things. So I thought I'd experiment and see what sort of every day foods would suddenly look fancy pants. The answer is almost anything.

But what is this? Is this some sort of fancy, exciting cocktail or other beverage concoction? Negative, it is just some cloudy apple juice. As this is a liquid, you can actually sip this out of the glass. So sophistication.

Fancy Martini Glass - Apple Juice


Next up, a tin of baked beans. There is nothing fancy about that. Until you put it in a martini glass! The pants of fancy are on!

Fancy Martini Glass - Baked Beans


Craving a snack? Doesn't apple slices and sesame cheese sound good? But this isn't just regular vegan cheese, this is beautiful and locally made artisan vegan soft cheese. You don't want to just put that on a regular plate or bowl, do you? No no no, it wants something worthy of it.

Fancy Martina Glass - Apples and Sesame Cheese


Finally, something that maybe looks like it could be served in a martini glass. What sort of delightful pudding or treat might this be? Negative. This is WeetBix slurry. Take weetbix, brown sugar, peanut butter and non-dairy milk of your choice (mine is oat milk), put it in a microwave safe bowl, nuke it until everything is slushy. Stir it around. Pour into glass. Add blueberries. Oh so fancy!

Martini Glass Fancy - WeetBix Mush


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post - Month of Sahara

Sahara


Just casually surrounded by toys.

11 comments:

  1. Food really does look fancy in a martini glass!
    Sahara is so sweet with all her toys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! *insert crying with laughter emoji here*

    How very fancy! So posh, much gourmet. The WeetBix slurry looks particularly sohpisticated.

    I'm making tofu scramble for dinner today. Imma stick it in martini glasses. Pinkies up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, we should be eating all our food in martini glasses! Except I am always terrified that I am going to break the martini glass. I need a plastic martini glass.
      Oh, I just remembered that I have one! I got it at Wicked and it has a light in the base so that the stem can flash different colours. SO FANCY!

      Delete
  3. Bahahaha, baked beans have never looked so fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who would have thought. I could sell that for at least $17. ;)

      Delete
  4. I like your interpretation of the fancy prompt! The baked beans definitely gave me a chuckle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty fun and stress-free way to approach the prompt!

      Delete
  5. haha this is what we do with my nieces- all the adults have wine, cocktails, and champagne and the girls have whatever in cocktail glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If everyone else is drinking cocktails, I definitely want my water or mocktail in a cocktail glass as well. It is just a lot more fun! I love those little pink flamingo drink stirrers as well, but so much disposable plastic so I guess not.

      Delete