Saturday 21 October 2017

VeganMoFo 2017 # 21: Potato Wedges from My Cat Loves Daiya



21st: Making the humble potato the star of the show

If you ask me, potatoes are always the star of the show. They are definitely one of my favourite foods, in all their forms. Potato is queen!

And the queen of potatoes has to My Cat Loves Daiya! So for MoFo I thought I would make these tasty Potato Wedges. I was just serving me, so I used two large potatoes cut into six-eight wedges (one was larger than the other). I used grapeseed oil rather than coconut oil, and I did have my oven a little hotter (just because I know how my oven works). Oh my gosh, these were perfect! I had seasoned them with a seasoning blend I had made previously and had kicking about. They were crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside.

Oven Fries


I made some Green Dip from The Great Vegan Protein Book by Celine Steen and Tamasin Noyes to dip them into. I just made a half batch. It is a silken tofu based dip, with onions and herbs. Because I don't like lots of raw onion, I used some onion powder instead of raw onion and I only used 1 scallion instead of the full amount. I also used garlic powder, and added extra dill because I love dill. I used baby spinach instead of arugula, and left out the hot sauce. It was really nice. Good with the hot chips, and I also dipper some cucumber and celery in as well.
Rating: :)

Green Dip


Here they are together, a very nice dinner.

Oven Fries and Green Dip


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post - Month of Sahara

Sahara's 7th Birthday


Sahara was always an active kitty, and she loved to play with toys. When she got older, she couldn't play quite as much due to arthritis in her elbows, but she still played where she could. This is a photo of her and her ladybug on her 7th birthday.

10 comments:

  1. These wedges look amazing. I'm going to try that method - I never pre-heat the pan. It sounds like a great idea, so we shall see. I'm expecting better wedges :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sizzle when they hit the oil was spot on, and they lifted up so easily from the pan! Normally I always bake on baking paper, but this got an excellent crust.

      Delete
  2. Your wedges look AMAZING!! And that dip looks like something I need to try ASAP!!
    That is a GORGEOUS picture of Sahara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recipe and inspiration!

      She certainly did strike a very pretty pose.

      Delete
  3. You can't beat a good potato wedge. I'm going to try this method next time I make some. They look perfect! I think My Cat Loves Daiya could be the best blog name of all time!

    It looks like Sahara was thinking about giving that ladybug a good butt kicking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly did give it a good kicking about at times!

      Delete
  4. The potato wedges look perfect; I still need to try Hillary's method sometime! And the green dip sounds great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hillary is totally the Potato Queen. I don't even like potatoes and I am always drooling over her meals.

    ReplyDelete