Tuesday 20 December 2022

Eating Out: The Green Edge

I've been to The Green Edge for breakfast a couple of times because they have undercover outdoor seating and if you go when they open at 8am on a Sunday morning there are not many people there yet! I have been slowly working through their breakfast menu, so here are a couple of new things I have tried. You can see my previous posts about The Green Edge here.

I tried the Breakfast Burrito when it was a special, it has now been added to the menu! It has spinach, bacon, scramble, and a hashbrown inside, and is served with tomato relish. Very yummy.

Breakfast Burrito Special at The Green Edge


Breakfast Burrito Special at The Green Edge


I also tried one of the drink specials, a Turkish Delight Hot Chocolate. This was SO SWEET! I let my friend eat all the fairy floss, because I don't like that at the best of times let alone first up in the morning. The hot chocolate had a lovely rose flavour, which was why I had to get it. I love rose flavoured things.

Turkish Delight Hot Chocolate at The Green Edge


The last time I went I tried their Southern Crispy Chick'n Pancakes, which are pancakes with crispy chicken, bacon, house dressing, and some maple syrup. It normally also comes with hot sauce, but I had that left off. I ordered this because I really wanted pancakes, but their buckwheat pancake options were all extremely sweet. This was good, but very filling and kind of same-ish. I gave one of the chicken patties to my friend, and focused more on the pancakes. I really wished I had some fruit to go along side this! Should have ordered a juice, but I had ordered a turmeric latte. I wouldn't get this again, but it was fun to try.

Chicken and Pancakes at The Green Edge


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo, Eloise, Mirabelle


Something miraculous happened on Sunday night - THREE CATS ON MY BED! I was reading with Eloise curled up next to me, and Mirabelle was around as well. Then Boo surprised us all by jumping up and settling down on top of me. This has never happened before, she normally sleeps downstairs. Mirabelle is the one at the end of the bed, she was kind of annoyed when she realised Boo was there as well. Hee hee. But I read for about twenty minutes with all three of them, before it was time to turn out the light. Then they all left me. Hmph.



4 comments:

  1. I imagine Turkish Delight hot chocolate would be extremely sweet! But I'd want to drink it, too, looking so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big YES to Turkish Delight hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete