Wednesday 21 December 2022

Midweek Munchies: Mooncake Edition

A while ago Loving Hut announced that they had a limited number of vegan boxed mooncake sets, and I had to race out and buy some. They were very beautifully presented! There were four flavours: Durian, Fruit & Nut, Pandan, and Lotus, and each one also had a vegan egg yolk in it.

Mooncakes


Mooncakes


Mooncakes


Mooncakes


I tried the Durian one first, and it was lovely. It had a tropical sort of pineapple flavour to it. The egg yolk parts were kind of dry and crumbly, maybe a very slight black salt flavour.

Mooncakes


The Fruit & Nut was very sweet. Kind of like a Christmas cake flavour in a mooncake.

Mooncakes


The pandan had a great flavour! I really like pandan.

Mooncakes


But Susan, you say, that is only three? Sigh. Indeed. I was saving the Lotus for last, because I LOVE lotus! But alas, I forgot the part where they were also preservative free and when I opened it after a few days of being on the bench, it was all mouldy. I was so sad. Next time, put them in the fridge!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Day

Gizmo


Everything here is christmas this and christmas that. Here is a photo of the time that Gizmo met Santa at the clinic. She was not impressed.



3 comments:

  1. Ah bummer about the moldy cake. That sounds like something I'd do. I love to save the best for last, but I also tend to try and save things too long! I'm curious as to how the durian one smelled? I have never tried durian because I can't get past the smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't really have a smell, so I am guessing it was enough for the flavour but not for the smell. I have never had fresh durian, so I cannot say how well the flavour matches up. I have never actually smelled durian.

      Delete
  2. It's really been too long since I had a moon cake. Those look great! Sorry your favorite went bad on you.

    ReplyDelete