Sunday 18 December 2022

Recipe Round-Up: Cook Share Eat Vegan

Time to move on to a whole new cookbook to round-up! And this one we'll be staying with for a while, because I have a lot to share. Stick with me and maybe in about 20 years I'll have finished rounding them up and will be back to the start of the alphabet again. It's good to have a long term goal, right? Anyway, the cookbook in question is Cook Share Eat Vegan, the third cookbook by Aine Carlin. I definitely recommend this book, it is really fun and full of great food. It is split into loose flavour themes: Zesty, Fresh, Spicy, Grains & Goodness, Nuts n Seeds, Earthy, Sweets, and Baking. This is the first actual round-up post I've made for this book, but you can see some recipes I've already featured on the blog here.

Crispy Tofu Salad: This is a fantastic salad that is great for a hot day. Crispy fried tofu with carrot, cucumber (which I used instead of raw zucchini), persimmon, and salad leaves. It is topped with a lovely yuzu and miso dressing, which I recommend making a double batch of.
Rating: :)

Crispy Tofu Salad


Sweet Potato Gratin: I made a half recipe of this and got two servings along side some green beans and sausages. The recipe calls for the potatoes to be sliced into 1cm thick slices, which I fid found a bit too chunky to overlap, I ended up just sort of stacking them. It is easy to make, with za'atar and soy cream for the bake and topped with some lemony panko crumbs.
Rating: :)

Sweet Potato Gratin


Cripsy Cinnamon Potato Tacos: This recipe has a few components, including the potatoes, a sweetcorn and radish salsa, and a lime cashew sour cream, but it all comes together beautifully and is worth the work. I left out a few things, of course, such as the jalapenos in the sour cream and the raw onion and chili in the salsa. But it didn't suffer for it. The lime sour cream in particular is excellent.
Rating: :)

Cripsy Cinnamon Potato Tacos


Angel Hair Pasta: I love angel hair, and this is erved with a delicious lemon, dill, and walnut sauce. I also love dill. I made an entire batch of sauce, used 200g (rather than 300g) of pasta, and also added a tin of white beans. The sauce also has capers and mustard in it, so is wonderful and zingy.
Rating: :)

Angel Hair Pasta with Lemon, Dill, and Walnut Sauce


Za'atar Roasted Vegetable Platter: Cauliflower, broccoli, and zucchini are roasted with lemon and za'atar, before being topped with a great carrot pesto. I haven't made carrot pesto before, but it was really good. The recipe also has a basil oil component, but I left that out and just topped it with some minced basil instead. This is perfect for those days you just want a giant pile of vegetables.
Rating: :)

Za'atar Roasted Vegetables with Carrot Pesto


Peaches and Oats Smoothie Bowl: This is a mix between a smoothie and overnight oats. It has nectarines or peaches (I used peaches), raspberries, oats, amond butter, non-dairy milk (I used oat), yoghurt (I used almond) and some lemon. It also had dates in it, which I decreased the amount of. I did end up adding a tiny bit of maple syrup to drizzle when serving. This is blended and then left overnight to thicken up. I topped it with slivered almonds, frozen raspberries, and freeze-dried peaches.
Rating: :)

Nectarine and Oats Smoothie Bowl


Back-To-Front Bibimbap Bowl: This recipe definitely takes time, there are several components, but it makes for a lovely combination! There is some lemony broccoli rice, seasoned baby spinach, pickled carrots, and scrambled tofu. I left out the chilli wherever it was called for. It is topped off with some fresh cucumber, parsley, and sesame seeds. The recipe says it makes two serves, but I got three from it.

Back-To-Front Bibimbap Bowl


Glass Noodle Salad Bowl: This is just the perfect thing for a hot day. I swapped out the edamame for tofu, and it also has sugar snap peas (that I blanched) and cucumber ribbons. The dressing is lovely and zesty with lime, I left out the chilli.
Rating: :)

Glass Noodle Salad


Made In Minutes Minted Pea Mash: I love mushy peas! No shame. And this is a lovely version that include leek and mint, but still is super easy by using frozen peas. It does call for coconut cream, which I am against, so I used a bit of soy milk. I also used garlic powder rather than fresh garlic, and white pepper rather than black. This is simple, but was the star of the show! I served it with a pie.
Rating: :D

Minted Pea Mash


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise


What's with the face, Eloise??



4 comments:

  1. Wow these dishes look so gorgeous! Hope you are doing well and staying cool. The pic of Eloise is a riot! - Sri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had some horribly hot days here, but at the moment it is a bit cooler. Thank goodness!
      Eloise in general is a riot, she's such a funny little girl.

      Delete
  2. The tofu salad looks beautiful! I hope you can stay cool. I wouldn't trade your hot weather for our frigid rains, no matter how unpleasant the dark, cold drizzles can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would welcome some cold drizzly days! Thankfully we have air conditioning.

      Delete