Wednesday 29 September 2021

Midweek Munchies

It's the middle of the week, or at least it is in Australia, so let's celebrate with some snacks!

Like this very thoughtful box of Treat Dreams chocolate that my good friend Leigh sent me. It had caramel filled bears (which I have had before), Hazel Bunnies (which I ripped into and were delicious), and a Dark Chocolate Fleur De Sel bar. I haven't eaten the salted chocolate bar yet because I am trying to work through my stash of chocolate bars in order of expiry date, so I shall report back once that has happened.

Treat Dream's from Leigh


Woolworths brought out a Vegan Apple Pie. It is in the fridge section in the bakery, and is heated up in the oven. It is pretty good!

Woolworths Vegan Apple Pie


Woolworths Vegan Apple Pie


You know how I am with coconut stuff, so I have never bought coconut kefir because I thought it might make me sick. I saw this one on a super clearance sale, so thought I'd give it a go because $2 is not a big loss. Hahahaha. OMG, this is one of the foulest things I have ever tried. I could bearly swallow it. I tipped the rest down the sink. Imagine sour fizzy coconut milk. No no no.

Coconut Kefir


I bought these Meet Tenders and was looking for something fun to do with them, so I checked out their website and decided to try out the Hokkien Mee. The recipe calls for 600g udon noodles today, I used 450g. I also added extra snow peas and baby spinach. For the tufu I used a but of the Soyco Japanese Marinated tofu. The sauce made a lot, and I had to simmer for quite a while and eventually add a bit of arrowroot to help it thicken, but it tasted good. As for the tenders, they were a bit meh on their own, and a bit oily overall.

Meet Tenders


Hokien Mee from Meet website


I didn't buy these, but I saw these in Woolworths and it is good to know I can get them there for future baking projects.

Pana Cooking Chocolate Woolworths


Some biscuits! I bought a bunch of biscuits awhile ago, I have finally worked through them. The Lotus Biscoff ones are a biscoff biscuit with a biscoff cream... sounds amazing, right? And they do taste great! But they are very insubstantial, you could eat a whole lot before you even feel a little bit full. Same goes for the Ritz Sweet N' Salty. Normally I would say the same for Oreos, but these flavoured Oreos are not like that! First up, I bought these earlier in the year, and I wasn't sure if I would even share this post because of the Nabisco strike. However, the strike has now ended with the workers being offered better terms. In Australia, we don't get all the superfun flavours of Oreo that the US get, so I was excited to see these were vegan! My favourite was definitely the Birthday Cake. Sprinkles in the filling, so fun! The S'Mores icing wasn't really obviously marshmallow flavoured. They were more like a fun chocolate and vanilla icing mix.

Biscuit Selection


A final ending with a good drink. This grape flavoured kombucha was really fun!

Grape Kombucha


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo


Today is Boo's last day as a lamp shade! Tomorrow she gets her sutures out and her cone can come off! She's been such a good girl about having it on for the last two weeks.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for noting the Nabisco strike! I had been avoiding their things but hadn't gotten the good news.

    Boo is somehow elegant in that photo, like people in old paintings with those high stiff collars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wore the collar very fetchingly!

      And I was glad to see the Nabisco strike was over as well. I looked it up before deciding if I would post that photo or not, so glad I can get some more birthday cake oreos in the future.

      Delete
  2. I am very curious about those sweet and salty Ritz...
    Aww, lampshade Boo! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a good flavour combination. I love salty and sweet together.

      Delete
  3. Ahahaha, that coconut kefir sounds horrifying! Thanks for taking one for the team. ;) More than compensated for by that amazing Treat Dreams selection from Leigh... I think they might be my favourite chocolate brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just the worst! But I had to try. For science. For the team.

      I love Treat Dreams as well, they are such a good brand!

      Delete
  4. OMG, I’m not an Oreo fan but a co-worker brought in the vanilla cookie birthday cake flavored ones into the office one day and said “Prepare to have your mind blown” and he was right! Totally addictive.

    ReplyDelete