Saturday 25 September 2021

Eating In (Mostly): A Random Assortment

Here's a selection of foods I have taken away or had delivered...

Grill'd has a new vegan range using the Fable Mushroom Meat as a patty, and it is delicious! I hadn't tried Fable from the supermarkets before because it is expensive and has coconut oil so I didn't want to risk it. Trying it out in a patty seemed a lower risk option. And it was awesome. I love the mushroom flavour. I got the Vegan Fable Southern BBQ Burger with pineapple added, plus some chips. A very good meal!

Vegan Fable Southern BBQ with Pineapple and Chips from Grill'd


Here is the mostly part, because I actually at this in a food court. This is the vegan ramen from Shinobi Ramen in Westfield Carindale. You get the vegetarian one, but without the egg. It is really lovely, though I wish they added some tofu. But all the veggies in it are very nice.

Vegan Ramen from Shinobi Ramen Carindale


Also at Westfield Carindale, I stopped by the Nodo's pop up for a vegan doughnut. Their option this time was a chocolate raspberry doughnut, which was lovely. I very much enjoyed the tang of the raspberry icing.

Chocolate Raspberry Doughnut from Nodo pop-up Carindale


A Ginger and Lime Sugarcane Juice from my beloved Huey's sugarcane, which is closing... I think as I type this it is actually closed. RIP Hueys. I don't know why, because they were always busy. I will miss them. I still have a few more drinks to share from them in upcoming posts.

Sugarcane with Lime and Ginger from Huey's


I picked up my favourite Chickn Caesar Salad from The Green Edge to take to work for lunch one day. But they have done something to it. I think it was the chickn, it wasn't seasoned the way it normally is? It was just a bit of a letdown considering how much I normally love these.

Chicken Caesar Salad from The Green Edge


Finally, a collection of salads from Nonos. Nonos is a great Lebanese place an all their salads are vegan. They where close to one of work's old locations, but that location has moved even closer! So I can walk there! This is a combination of their potato salad, rice and lentils with crispy onions, and green beans and tomatoes. One thing I forgot about Nonos after not eating there for awhile is just how much garlic they pack into everything. At least wearing a mask means that everyone is safe from my garlic breath... except for me. ;)

Potato Salad, Green Bean Salad, and Lentil and Rice Salad from Nonos


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo


I know what you are thinking, what about Boo? Well, Boo is doing OK. She came home last Saturday (so a week ago) after her surgery and has been wearing her cone and resting in a collapsible cage since then. She's been mostly very good about it. Though in the last day she has decided that she feels much better now and would like to be cheeky and run around. We are letting her have supervised time outside of the cage. She managed to get her cone into the purple cat house, and turn around, what a clever girl! Her gut biopsy results came back as IBD, so not cancer. This is good news, though IBD is still a chronic condition that needs ongoing management. We are still waiting for some more blood tests regarding possible causes of her high calcium to come back. She will get her stitches out on Thursday, and will start some medication then that will help both her IBD and her calcium.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry they changed the chick'n on you! I hate it when the things I liked disappear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping it was just a one off thing, maybe a blip in the supply chain, and not forever.

      Delete
  2. The raspberry icing looks amazing on that donut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good. I am normally an iced doughnut fan as too sweet, but this was just right.

      Delete