Wednesday 22 September 2021

Midweek Munchies (Plant Nation edition)

It's the midweek, so time for a day appropriate midweek munchies, with a Boo update at the end! This week I am highlighting a couple of Plant Nation products. Plant Nation is a brand I have seen in IGA. Not all of their products are vegan, a couple are just vegetarian, but all of them a gluten free. I got some on clearance, my favourite way to try!

First up, the Parsley & Thyme Beef Style Burgers. These fried up fairly well. They were meaty without being too meaty. The texture was OK, but they definitely needed more seasoning. I'd buy them again, but only on a decent clearance sale.

Parlsey and Thyme Plant Nation Burgers


Parlsey and Thyme Plant Nation Burgers


I made two different burgers with them. The first one was just mayo, spinach, tomato, and BBQ sauce. I wanted to see what the flavour of the burger was like. The second one was a more traditional cheese burger. I had used some of that gross Coles Natures Kitchen cheese that was in my last post, as you can see, it wilted but it didn't really melt. I also had some ketchup and some gherkin relish on it.

Parlsey and Thyme Plant Nation Burgers


Plant Nation Burger with aioli, ketchup, shitty Coles cheese, and gerkhin relish


The other product I tried was the Roasted Chicken Style Sausages. I was pretty excited to try a chicken-style sausage. But unfortunately, these tasted like nothing, They also had that vegan casing on them, always kind of goes a bit gross when you fry them. I served them seasoned roasted potato and peas, with some gravy added after this photo was taken. I wouldn't buy these again, even on clearance.

Plant Nation Roasted Chicken Sausages


Plant Nation Roasted Chicken Sausages


Plant Nation Roasted Chicken Sausages


So not a stellar showing for this brand. The other two vegan products they have are Italian Herb Chicken Style Burgers and Tomato & Cracked Pepper Beef Style Sausages. I might try the beef style sausages if they were on a good clearance, because I would hope they had an interesting flavour.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo


This is Boo snuggled up in her collapsible cage, which I am using to help keep her rested so she doesn't run around and ruin her sutures! She is not lying in her litter, don't worry! That is a clean tray with a blanket in it, she likes to sleep in a little nest. We have some results back! At least for the intestinal thickening. It came back as inflammatory bowel disease, not cancer. This is good that there is no cancer! Though IBD can still be a serious condition that will will need to manage for the rest of her life. We are still waiting on some more blood tests results to work out her high calcium. Thank you for all your kind thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. She does look cozy in her little box, and especially pathetic with her cone. Glad it isn't cancer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Though IBD has it's issues. But not cancer is good! She just loves curling up in that box. We let her out supervised so she can stretch her legs a little. But as soon as she's back in the cage, it's back in the box!

      Delete
  2. Poor little Boo! At least it's not cancer. Even if she is not feeling great, she is still adorably cute. It is very disappointing to try a new product and finding out it tastes bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so very cute and very sweet!
      I find vegan meats so variable, I will almost always wait to find them on sale or clearance before trying them for the first time.

      Delete