Wednesday 8 September 2021

Midweek Munchies

After all that being out and about, let's bring things back home with some midweek munchies!

I have mentioned eating Black Lemonade cookies that I have bought from cafes before, but they also sell baking mixes. And I have a bronie mix and a cookie mix. I am not normally one for buying mixes, normally I make everything from scratch. But I love their cookies and supporting a small local business is cool so I am looking forward to trying these out.

Black Lemonade baking mixes


Coles has brought out a couple of new vegan baked items under their Nature's Kitchen range. They are both gluten free. I could definitely tell that in the cookies, which had a sort of weird gritty texture to them. I wouldn't buy them again. The cupcakes had a slight hint of gluten free about them, but were otherwise not bad. The icing was not too sweet, which was good.

Nature's Kitchen GF Vegan Cupcakes and Chocolate Chip Cookies


I went to my friend Amy's house one afternoon after work (yes, the same Amy from the last two posts) so that we could make dumplings. We made a bunch, ate some, and then there were loads leftover so I got a couple of bags to take home. They had TVP and mushroom filling. I had never made dumplings before, so my folding was a bit messy, but it was fun. We chatted and watched Taylor Swift's Reputation Tour on Netflix. It was a good time.

Amy's Dumplings


A using things up toasted sandwich, this had some turmeric kraut, Cheatin' Chicken slices, and Sheese slices.

Cheatin' Chicken, Turmeric Kraut, and Sheese toasty


A friend posted about these Mixed Tarts being randomly vegan on their IG, so my next trip to Woolworths I had to get them! They are filled with either raspberry jam or tart lemon. My friend was fancy and made an aquafaba meringe to put on top, which would be amazing! I was basic and just ate them straight out of the packet.

Woolworths Mixed Tarts


Burger night trying out these Coles Nature's Kitchen burgers. I bought them on clearance, as they had coconut oil in them and I didn't want to pay a lot for something that I might not be able to eat. Turns out the coconut oil wasn't the problem. The problem with these is that they taste like nothing. Big thick slabs of nothing. Ugh. I served them on my favourite Fry's Brioche buns with some cheese, tomato, spinach, mayo, and BBQ sauce.

Nature's Kitchen Burgers


Nature's Kitchen Burgers


PiquBoo! I found this new to me type of pear in the shops. They look so cute and rosy. But they were super expensive, so I just bought one. Also a good idea, as they were fairly meh as far as pears go. They flavour was just a bit watery.

PiqaBoo pear


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim in the cat max


Not a day goes by where my heart doesn't ache for Dim Sim. I miss her so much.

5 comments:

  1. I miss seeing pics of Dim Sim. Can’t imagine how hard it must be for you. The wound never quite heals, does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really never does. I will still share her (and Gizmo and Sahara) here on the blog. I can't leave them out.

      Delete
  2. Your dumplings look great and it sounds like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Funnily enough, in my head initially I was dreading it because making dumplings just seemed like Too Much Effort and I was exhausted thinking about it, but it was really fun in the end. I'm glad I did it!

      Delete
  3. That dumpling hangout with Amy looks like a good time!

    ReplyDelete