Wednesday 25 August 2021

Midweek Muchies

It's the middle of the week and we are munching!

Starting off with an easy meal of some Beef and Black Bean. Using a bottle of Black Bean stir-fry sauce and some Fry's Strips. I stirfried it all up with some broccoli and served over rice. The sauce was not bad, I'd use it again for a quick meal. But the Fry's Strips just weren't great. They had a weird flavour to them, the same flavour that their mince has, that just overpowers everything a bit. A shame because I normally love Fry's products.

Beef and Black Bean Stir-Fry


Beef and Black Bean Stir-Fry


Another quick meal! This time courtesy of the Nature's Kitchen range from Coles. Their Lentil Bolognese Ravioli and the Veggie Sauce. The Ravioli were nice, they had a good texture and flavour. The sauce was a bit meh though. Also full of tiny pieces of capsicum. But I'd get the ravioli again. I added some peas to the mix, served it over baby spinach, and sprinkled with some FYH parmesan.

Nature's Kitchen Ravioli and Pasta Sauce


Nature's Kitchen Ravioli and Pasta Sauce


This may not look like much, but this is a jar of deliciousness! I dropped off some goodies to a bake sale a while ago, and I had to pick up one of Lisa's famous smoked salmon cream cheese jars. The salmon is carrots, and it is cashew based, and it apparently takes three days to make. It is full of dill, and I love it. Always have to get some any time they are at a bake sale!

Lisa's Smoked 'Salmon' Cream Cheese


Last year when we were all stocking up our pantries with whatever shelf stable food we could find, I bought this tin of Shiitake mushrooms. It languished for ages, until I eventually used it in some recipes. They pretty much just taste like watery tinned mushrooms, the shiitake flavour is lost. I wouldn't buy them again under normal circumstances, I prefer rehydrated dried shiitake to these in the absence of fresh ones.

Tinned Shiitakes

Some fun dried fruit snacks! The dried jackfruit was quite sweet and had a unique flavour. The aloe vera and ginger mostly tastes like crystallised ginger, which is fine because I like crystallised ginger.

Interesting Dried Fruits


I made these oats using frozen blueberries and brown sugar, and topped them with peanut butter and pepitas. I've been enjoying a lot of hot oats over the cooler months, though things are sadly getting warmer now.

Blueberry and brown sugar oats


Finally, another frozen meal that I have been relying on a lot for nights I get home late. This Plantry Lasagne is not quite as good as the Earth One, but is still very nice.

Plantry Lasagne


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Abby


Yes, cats are back. For the most part, I think. So please enjoy this photo of Abby looking very cute but also slightly annoyed that I am taking her photo yet again.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, that cashew cream cheese sounds really good! I don't think I ever tried smoked salmon so I'd be happy to enjoy it on its own terms. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is way better than what I remember smoked salmon to be. Smoked carrot is the best!

      Delete