Monday 16 August 2021

Eating Out: Yuan Yuan

Yuan Yuan Vegetarian Delight is a mostly vegan Chinese-style restaurant that is close to me and that I have only been to a shockingly few number of times. (Though before it was Yuan Yuan, it was Pu Kwong, which I had been to many a time.) But in it's new incarnation, I just haven't been much though I should because I love vegan Chinese food. You can see the times I have been here. So a few months ago, my friend Amy and I went there for lunch. It was a bit weird, because they have this thing where you have to download and app to order your food from the table now, I guess as a result of COVID, but I assume you could also ask for a menu and order old-school? I will see next time I go. Especially because if you want to ask questions about something on the menu, you need to talk to someone, they app doesn't help.

We each got a bowl of their yummy chicken and corn soup. Despite doing by best to wait a while and to blow on my spoon, I absolutely burnt my mouth when I started trying to eat it. Every time. I just get so excited I can't wait!

Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup at Yuan Yuan


We also got some BBQ buns, because you should absolutely always order BBQ buns if you can.

Steamed BBQ Buns at Yuan Yuan


We each got our own main, but we also shared them. I got the Sizzling Mushrooms. As you can see, they were lousy with capsicum. Amy, bless her, picked out every bit and ate it for me. The mushrooms themselves were wonderful, with a great savoury sauce.

Sizzling Mushrooms at Yuan Yuan


Amy ordered the Ho Fun Noodles with Chicken, which was a big plate of noodles, veggies, and whatever vegan chicken they use. I tried a bit and it was also nice. Good to mix some of the mushrooms into as well!

Ho Fun with Chicken at Yuan Yuan


2 comments:

  1. I burn myself on soup so often! And also breakfast porridge. I know I should wait for it to cool down and I get too eager. I'm glad you had a good meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done it with pizza before as well. I just get too excited about eating that my body refuses to listen to my brain!

      Delete