Monday 3 May 2021

Eating In: Sushi, Drinks, Noodles, Sweets

Though eating out has returned occasionally, there has still been lots of deliveries or takeaways!

A new sushi place called Sushi Hub opened in Garden City, so I got some to take home for lunch. I got vegetarian, avocado, terriyaki tofu, and seaweed salad. All really good! I love sushi.

Sushi from Sushi Hub


One of my favourite place to get drinks is Huey's, which is a sugar cane juice stand but they have so many more. This is their delicious rose lemonade with rainbow jelly.

Rose Lemonade with Rainbow Jelly from Huey's


I'd ordered delivery from Noodle Box before, they have a vegan section on their menu. This is their Mongolian Tofu, which is a lovely peppery sauce. I was a bit under the weather when I ordered this and the burn from the black pepper was really good. Even though this is from Noodle Box, I ordered this with rice because that is what I was feeling.

Mongolian Tofu from Noodle Box


Another lovely drink from Huey's, this is their lychee and rose drink.

Lychee Rose from Huey's


Roll'd is a Vietnamese chain that also recently opened at Garden City. These are their Tofu Soldiers (rice paper rolls) with vegan fish sauce.

Tofu Soldiers with Vegan Fish Sauce from Roll'd


Finally, some sweet treats! I was picking up some stuff from The Green Edge, and that always means a sticky beak into their sweets cabinet. I got myself a wonderful lemon meringue tart, and a very decadent marshmallow and Tim Tam brownie for my mum.

Lemon Meringue Tart and Marshmallow Tim Tam Brownie from The Green Edge


8 comments:

  1. That sushi is beautiful! You always find the prettiest, fun sounding drinks!
    Why are rice paper rolls always better when someone else makes them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to guess because the people who make them have perfected the ratio of filling to rice paper roll and also how to roll them. Mine always end up such a mess!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, those sweets are beautiful! And those looks like perfect tofu spring rolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really good, though there is another Vietnamese place in the same shopping centre that makes my favourite ones.

      Delete
  3. This all looks delicious! I love sushi, too. My favorite sushi place doesn't appear to have survived COVID, so I'll be looking for something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is sad. I am glad that the majority of my favourite places were able to survive the last 12 months, no double because here in Australia things have been very different compared the the US, but there are a few that didn't make it and I will miss them.

      Delete
  4. Oh, those drinks look so refreshing! The sushi looks really fresh and delicious too and OMG those sweets! Heavenly! Hope you are well <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having a great sushi place with fresh sushi near by.

      Delete