Thursday 27 May 2021

Recipe Round-Up: 1000 Vegan Recipes

While I am still getting the motivation to dive back into my proper big recipe round-ups, let us do another mini one from 1000 Vegan Recipes. You can see my previous posts about this book here.

Penne with Creamy Asparagus Sauce: This recipe has an asparagus-based sauce made creamy by the addition of white beans and soy milk. At the end, more asparagus is mixed through. The sauce only calls for one cup of white beans, and there are more than that in the tin, so I added the leftovers into the pasta when I was mixing through the asparagus.
Rating: :)

Penne with Creamy Asparagus Sauce


Fusilli with Fennel and Sun-Dried Tomato: I don't use fennel enough, because I always enjoy it when I do. This is an easy sauce of sauteed fennel with tinned tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil. I added a few splashes of pasta cooking water to the sauce to thin, as it got very thick. I decreased the amount of pasta required by half, and added a tin of red beans at the end.
Rating: :)

Fusilli with Fennel and Sun-Dried Tomatoes


Carbonara-Style Sapghetti: Tempeh bacon crumbles and a creamy tofu and soy milk-based sauce are used here. The sauce also has a hefty dose of nutritional yeast added. I did use a the whole 450g (one pound) of spaghetti here, but I would recommend decreasing it because although it seems saucy at first, it quickly absorbed into the pasta. I would have liked it to be a bit saucier while eating. This is topped with home-made parmasio, fresh parsley, and more tempeh bacon crumbles.
Rating: :)

Carbonara-Style Spaghetti


Farfalle with White Beans and Roasted Asparagus: This is very simple! Roast asparagus, warm and season beans, mix into cooked pasta! I used 250g of pasta rather than one pound, and I got two large serves as I was pretty hungry!
Rating: :)

Farfalle with White Beans and Roasted Asparagus


(% 1000 Vegan Recipes blogged: 30.7%)

No comments:

Post a Comment