Friday 21 May 2021

Eating In: Rolls, Drinks, Bakery

Some more food that I picked up to bring home when I had been out. At some point I just started needing to get out of the house, because being in it without her was almost harder. But I didn't want to commit to doing anything major, so I would just go to the grocery store and maybe pick up something to bring home for lunch.

Though this one was actually a delivery from Roll'd, a Vietnamese chain that recently opened up near me. I got a cup of their mushroom and tofu vegan pho, three tofu soldiers (rice paper rolls), and some sweet potato chips.

Small pho, 3 tofu soldiers, sweet potato chips from Roll'd


At the end of December, I drove down to the Gold Coast for a reason I will talk about in a later post. But on the way home, I stopped at Flour of Life and picked up a cheese and basil scroll of lunch, as well as a strawberry tart and a mini fruit flan.

Cheese and Basil Scroll from Flour of Life


Tarts from Flour of Life


Loving Hut is an old standby. I went back to work on very reduced hours in mid-January, and one day after working the morning I stopped in to get some of my favourite Rice Paper Rolls. I love these. They also had a fancy limited edition bubble tea menu, so I got a strawberries and cream drink.

Summer Rolls from Loving Hut


Strawberries and Cream Bubble Tea from Loving Hut


Another Saturday at work, I finished at 4pm and decided to stop by Garden City to pick up some sushi for dinner. I got this ready-made vegetarian box from Sushi Hub. I've had it a couple of times since, it is filling and really nice. A fun assortment of sushi rolls (see, I made the roll theme from the title stick... even if they were sliced... it counts!).

Vegetarian Box from Sushi Hub


I also stopped by Huey's to get a drink. I had just ordered a Matcha Cococane (unfortunate name, it means a blend of coconut and sugar cane juices) when I saw they also had a special for Chinese New Year that was mandarin sugar cane juice with asam plum. So I got that as well. They were both nice, though the mandarin one was super sweet!

Matcha Cococaine Juice and Mandarin Asam Plum Sugarcane Juice from Huey's


No comments:

Post a Comment