Sunday 31 March 2024

Sydney Eras Tour 2024 Day One: Mother Chu's

Hello friends, a non-Midweek Munchies post! Remember I mentioned going to Sydney last month to see Eras? Well, now is the time to share some food photos with you. And a sprinkle of Taylor photos, of course.

We arrived into Sydney on a Saturday afternoon, and once we were settled in our hotel room we headed out for dinner. We went to Mother Chu's Vegetarian, a vegan restaurant that was only a short walk away from the our hotel. This is what we ordered.

Steamed BBQ Buns, because I can never go past these on a menu.

Steamed BBQ Buns at Mouther Chu's


We also shared some Tofu with Sweet Miso Sauce, which was incredible! The sauce was dengaku sauce, but on tofu instead of eggplant. This dish normally comes with chilli on top as well, but they left it off for me.

Tofu with Sweet Miso Sauce at Mouther Chu's


My friend ordered this Birds Nest style dish, which had chopped vegetables, mushrooms, and vegan ham in it, plus cashews, served in a crispy noodle nest.

Bird's Nest at Mouther Chu's


I continued to be the most basic b*tch (/aff) (god I spend too much time online these days) vegan in the world by ordering some tofu, assorted mushrooms, and snow peas in a brown sauce. It was delicious! My favourite sort of dish to order at vegan Chinese places.

Mushrooms, Tofu, and Snow Peas at Mouther Chu's


On the way home, we stopped by a Woolworths and got some vegan ice cream sandwiches, not pictured. And then spent the night making friendship bracelets on the bed, eating ice cream sandwiches, and listening to Taylor Swift songs like the 42 year old adults we were, living out very best life!

I'll share some of the bracelets tomorrow, but this post I want to show you the fun decorations our hotel had! They had gone full Eras themed, Taylor Swift stuff everywhere, staff wearing Taylor Swift t-shirts (ala Red Era), and non-stop Taylor Swift music in the lobby.

Hotel Taylor Decorations


Hotel Taylor Decorations


Hotel Taylor Decorations


Hotel Taylor Decorations


More Taylor and Sydney coming to you soon!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise


Eloise, being very helpful while I was packing to leave.



4 comments:

  1. OMG I thought that TS cardboard cutout was a mannequin at first! I love that the hotel made your stay so fun and welcoming. Can't wait to see more updates on this trip. And then you will be traveling again soon. I don't think you are ever going to catch up with your trip updates. 😋 So you did not pack Eloise in your carryon??? - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eloise stayed home, though I think that was her preference. She's a shy baby.

      I am determined to get all my Taylor posts up before I go to Scotland, which won't be hard because there are only three of them. 😹

      We just won't pay attention to all the other things I have languishing in my future posts folders that I am five million years behind.

      Delete
  2. This seems so fun! Both the concert-going and the friends, and then the bird's nest thing. I'm fascinated by that meal.

    ReplyDelete