Wednesday 13 March 2024

Midweek Munchies

Hey friends.

Today I am writing with sadness. We got the news that Our Flag Means Death will not be being picked up for a third season by another network. They have already started auctioning off things from the set. The streaming industry right now is in freefall, and getting the show picked up straight away didn't work out. The OFMD community is very, very, very sad. Just clinging to hope that I will get to see my blorbos again one day, maybe in a few years when the industry has hopefully improved. In the meantime, I will just be very sad about it forever.

Let's look at some munchies. Chips and jams and a few other things.

Ninja vegan chips, these Sausage Sizzle chips were a bit underwhelming at first. I always want more flavour. But, if you stick a bunch in your mouth at once, then you get great flavour. I really liked them. Of course, they were limited edition, so I can't get anymore... Just like OFMD.😭

Sausage Sizzle Chips


This St Dalfour's French Grape jam was a bit strange. Much sweeter than other jams, and with big grapes in it, which made it a bit big for spreading on things. Did you know there is a character in OFMD called Frenchie? He's not French. I miss him already.

St Dalfours Jam


Vitasoy's soy yoghurts are so good, so I tried these oat ones then they came out. Unfortunately they have pea protein in them, and leave a bad aftertaste in my mouth. Kind of like the bad taste about the way WBD/Max threw OFMD under the bus.

Vitasoy Oat Yoghurt


These Thins Outback BBQ chips were really good, they had a great strong flavour! Once again, limited edition, because why keep something great around when you can just kill it instead?

Outback BBQ chips


Some Loving Earth chocolates. The Dirty Rose was nice, but no surprises the Berry Wild was not to my tastes. Give me cocoa poweder in my chocolate or give me (our flag means) death.

Loving Earth


Another St Dalfours jam, this time kumquat. It really enjoyed this in overnight oats and also with peanut butter. It was like a fancy marmalade. Damn good marmalade, one might say, and then cry about Ed and Stede eating marmalade. Marmalade has a special place in the hearts of OFMD fans.

St Dalfours Jam


This St Dalfours Heritage Peach jam was quite lovely and sweet. I used it mostly in overnight oats. Edward Teach, arse like a peach, you would have loved this.

St Dalfours Jam


Finally, this Veef Pulled Beef. Which I guess was OK? I don't have much of a memory about what it was or what I did with it. I think I put it into some pasta sauce, possibly. As you can see I got it on sale, and it was deep in my freezer for a long time. Sort of a shredded meaty/mushroom texture. Shredded like the hearts, hopes, and dreams of the OFMD community.

Veef Pulled Beef


Friends, I am really really sad. You might scoff at being so cut up about a TV show, but the way I have found a new community through this show, they representation this show has that is just so unique and diverse, the fact that it is a love story between two men discovering themselves and each other in their late 40s... I honestly can't describe how important this show is and will continue to be. Anyway, I'm sad.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Eloise


Here is an Eloise belleh, for comfort. Also possibly may be a trap, you have to stick your hand in there to find out.



8 comments:

  1. So sorry about your show. Maybe it will return one day and in the meantime you can create new episodes yourself or with other fans. At least you can spend more time with your cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am deep in the community, we are still telling our stories. But thankfully it never impacted the time I spent with my cats. In fact, I wish they would spend more time with me! I am forever following them around.

      Delete
  2. Dearheart I am so sorry about your beloved show getting cancelled. Your undying love for the show got me to finally sit down and start watching it. I watched episode 1 last night and loved it. So if nothing else, you are bringing this show to a wider audience. And maybe, just maybe, it will get a reboot or movie down the road. I will keep my fingers crossed. - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am so glad you have started watching it, please please tell me all your thoughts in feelings and hopes and dreams. I hope I will see them again, even if it takes a little bit of time.

      Delete
    2. Because of my schedule and I know to savor the finite episodes, I have been watching very slowly. But so far I am just loving the original the stories, the diverse cast, and how uplifting it is. I would have never watched a show about pirates - so thank you for making me aware of this little gem. - Sri

      Delete
    3. It is so special. I am going to need you to yell at me when certain things happen, and then I will yell back at you. There is a lot of yelling at each other involved in this fandom because we all get so emotional/excited about certain things.

      Delete
  3. I don't think it's something I'd discuss on my own blog, or on social media at all, but I am very attached to something similar, so I very much empathize, as the thing I love went on hiatus for a while, and although it will return, it feels like nothing will ever be the same.

    So with that cryptic comment, I move on to your jams! I think the kumquat spread sounds wonderful, and I'd love to try the peach, but the grape just sounds UPSETTING to me. Finding grape chunks in my jam would, well, not be my jam. I might cry. Is this a reasonable thing to do? I don't know, but even reading about it gave me anxiety. So you're brave to have plunged on and tried it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now I am INTRIGUED by what you are talking about.

      The grape chunks in the jam was NOT GOOD. I am all for a chunky jam, but NOT like that.

      Delete