Wednesday 27 March 2024

Midweek Munchies

It's that time of the week again! Nature's Kitchen at Coles has a vegan pesto, and I ended up with a jar of it. I'm not the biggest jarred pesto fan, I find them too oily generally, but I gave this a try. I made some pasta for it with tomatoes, peas, and butter beans, plus I added a bunch of nooch as well.

Nature's Kitchen Vegan Pesto


Nature's Kitchen Vegan Pesto


Ferrero Rocher had an accidentally vegan giant chocolate ball that I found last Easter but didn't end up eating until several months later. It is a hollow ball, with bits of hazelnut stuck in the chocolate.

Ferrero Rocher


Ferrero Rocher


I really enjoyed this Pana Hazelnut Chocolate. Unlike Vego spread, that I find far too sweet, this had a much better flavour for my preferences.

Pana Spread


Still on the chocolate spread train, this Mayver's Hazelnut, Cashew, and Cocoa spread was also quite lovely, and even less sweet than the Pana one.

Mayver's Spread


Loving Earth brought out a range of kind of silly superfood chocolates. Of course I bought them all to try. The blueberry one was a bit meh, and the one with lemongrass one tasted medicinal, almost like eating a Strepsil. But the other two flavours were great and I would buy those ones again!

Loving Earth Chocolate


I got these Keep It Cleaner protein bars on sale, and will never buy them again. They just taste like chalky protein powder. Yuck! Unfortunately I still have some, I need to foist them off on someone who likes that kind of thing.

Keep It Clean Protein Bars


Finishing up with these Chocolate Buttons, which were very much like Smarties. Not the US kind of Smarties, the Australian/UK kind of Smarties. Which are similar to, but have a different vibe from, M&Ms.

Chocolate Buttons


Hope everyone is hanging in there!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim


Flash back photo to Dim Sim. I just wanted to share her with you all again.



6 comments:

  1. Oh lovely Dim Sum 💕. I just realized that you said you were visiting the US soon in a previous post. Do you know what states you are visiting yet?
    And the brand name 'Keep it Cleaner' makes me think of a laxative!!! I know you didn't like them and am hoping they didn't 'clean' you out..... - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thankfully no issues on that count with the Keep It Cleaner.
      My US trip isn't until next year, so ages to go yet. But I am going to be visiting friends in Seattle, Philly, and southern California.

      Delete
    2. Oh US trip is next year. I think I got excited and thought it was soon. - Sri.

      Delete
    3. I leave for the UK and Spain in two weeks! That is my soon trip.

      Delete
  2. I definitely try all the chocolate spreads I can find (vegan ones, of course), so I relate!

    Chalky protein powder is so unappetizing. I don't understand why anyone goes for it, but it seems like people must like it because it's so commonly found. Shudder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess some people are super into the benefits of protein powder so are willing to deal with the chalk of it all? Maybe they get used to it? But it is so gross.

      Delete