Wednesday 20 March 2024

Midweek Munchies

Hi friends, thanks for being lovely. Here are some munchies.

This is the KM Foods Lemon Meringue Cheesecake. I got it from the freezer section at The Green Edge, and it is lovely! As with all the KM cheesecakes, the base needs some work. It tastes good but is a bit too soft. But the tart lemon filling and the fluffy sweet meringue, delightful!

Lemon Meringue Cheesecake from KM Foods


These vegan wontons were hanging out in my freezer for AGES. I had plants to make some wonton soup with them, but then that all became a bit much and I ended up just cooking them and eating them. After all that anticipation time, they were kind of bland.

Vegan Wontons


There's this great little Japanese grocery store just down the road from me, and one visit there I picked up this vegan friendly soy milk corn soup. It was SO GOOD! It is like a cream of corn soup and just delicious and I need to go back there and buy a bunch more. Incredible with toast spread with a little nuttelex for dipping into it.

Japanese Soy Milk Soup


Chicken Flavor Ramen Noodle Snack sounded nice, little crunchy bites of chicken flavoured ramen noodles. BUT, oh my gosh friends, these are SO SALTY. Imagine just opening up the seasoning packet from ramen noodles and putting it straight into your mouth. I died. I ended up putting them in a mug and covering them with boiling water to turn them into a noodle soup, which was much better. That flavour needs some dilution.

Ramen Noodle Snacks


Balsamic Vinegar and Caramelised Onion Seed Crackers were really nice. They had a really good flavour, and were great with hummus.

Crackers


OmBar is a newer chocolate brand here, and I got this Fruit and Nut chocolate on sale. It of course was a bit too sweet, but I do love a fruit and nut chocolate bar.

Oat Milk Fruit & Nut Bar


My favourite Fry's Vegan Brioche Buns have vanished, but this new brand is around now. They are not as good as the Fry's ones, but they are not bad. RIP Fry's buns.

Plant Based Buns


Finishing off with this Super Vegan lasagne. You can see from the photo that instead of making a regular vegan lasagne, they decided to cram as many superfoods into it as they could. And I must ask, why? Just make a regular vegan lasagne. The miso mornay part was good!

Vegan Meal


That's it from me this week! How are you all holding up?

In three and a half weeks I will be on my way to the UK! So that's something that is happening.

Also just started planning a visit to the US for next year.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Mirabelle and Eloise


Please enjoy this photo of Mirabelle making Eloise lick her head. It happens several times a day, Mirabelle just presents to Eloise with her head down. LICK MY HEAD PLEASE! How long it takes Eloise to get sick of it and bop Mirabelle instead varies.





5 comments:

  1. Sorry about the wontons!

    Vegan food can be faddish, and some people are really tilted toward optimizing nutrition. (I do my best. Did I get enough potassium today? Possibly not...but anyway, I'm not one of those people.) So that probably explains the lasagna. Which, I agree, sounds a bit weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, very much need the whole vegan food = superfood health food thing to dial down a bit.

      Delete
  2. What a diverse collection of food!!! I am sorry I have to nope that superfood lasagna. It sounds like way too much stuff crammed into such a yummy dish. - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pitch meeting for it must have been people just throwing out superfoods and adding every single one.

      Delete
  3. Your description of the noodle snacks made me laugh! Glad you found a dilution solution. :)

    I'm going to keep an eye out for those brioche buns.

    ReplyDelete