Wednesday 8 February 2023

Midweek munchies

Monch.

Found a vegan-friendly Japchae sauce, so scooped up some sweet potato noodles, added some tofu and a rainbow vegetable stir-fry mix, and made a very lovely dinner. Would make again.

Japchae


Japchae


Vegan Red Hazel chocolate had crunchy bits of freeze dried raspberry and hazelnut. Unfortunately the chocolate itself wasn't very good. 47% cocoa mylk? It was never going to be for me. And it was the style of chocolate bar where the add ins are just sprinkled on top, rather than mixed through the chocolate, which would have improved it.

Hazelnut Raspberry Chocolate


Made myself a snacky plate for lunch one day to use stuff up! This has cucumber, celery, hummus, pink lady apple, black garlic cheese, vegan five spice beef jerky from an Asian grocery store, and peanut butter pretzels.

Snacky Lunch


In my quest for fun kombuchas. This one was OK, it had a mild berry flavour. This brand can be a bit bitter, but I don't mind that. My second favourite of their flavours, with ginger turmeric being my favourite.

Silly Kombucha


These were chocolate cups filled with a peanut butter brownie filling. But it wasn't actually brownie, which would have been next level. It was just a chocolate peanut butter filling. I prefer my peanut butter and chocolate together but separate, rather than mixed, but these were still pretty good.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Cup


Another ridiculous drink. This was not great, it kind of tasted like dirty lemon water? A ringing endorsement if ever I've heard one. It did not chill me out.

Gross Drink


Finally I had this vegan mince mix hanging around in my pantry. I followed a recipe on the back to make maple mince, and turned it into a maple mince bowl with brown rice, broccoli, and topped with BBQ sauce and yellow mustard. It was not bad, though I'd only get it again if it was on sale.

Maple Mince Bowl


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Abby


Abby only started really getting comfortable coming downstairs in the last few months of her life. Spending time with her on the sofa next to me, curled up like the precious baby bean she was, was such a special time.



4 comments:

  1. Wow the food in your last three posts has all looked so lovely and yummy! Hope you are getting some breaks from work and having some fun. Very cute pic of Abby. - Sri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many breaks I am afraid, but I do have a bit of time off coming up

      Delete