Tuesday 7 February 2023

Eating In: Hotdogs, Burger, Buritto, and more

Another post of some things I have had either delivered or gotten to take away!

There are a number of Turkish places that deliver to us, and I can't actually remember where I got this one from. But it is a falafel plate, which comes with falafel, dolmades, kale salad, hummus (I got two serves of hummus as the only other vegan dip was a spicy one) and some chips. This was fine, but the falafel fell victim to being a bit dry and and heavy.

Vegan Falafel Plate


Another poke bowl from Cheeki. Unfortunately, the Cheeki closest to us has closed down, so this was from the one a bit further away. The quality was sadly not very good, and I ended up throwing out a lot of this because it was making me feel bit nauseous, so I'm sad to say we won't be ordering from them again. Got the kombucha that tastes like a strepsil as well.

Poke Bowl from Cheeki Poke


Grill'd! Love Grill'd! I made my own burger for this one, with satay sauce, lettuce, carrot, a Fable patty, cheese, pineapple, and vegan mayo. As always served with a side of their incredible chips.

Grill'd Satay Burger and Chips


Sometimes you just need a giant serve of very inauthentic Mexican food, and in those times Montezuma's comes through. This is their vegan burrito, which I think I have shared before. I love that it comes with a side of their incredible crunchy and fresh salad. The salad has green apple in it, which I particularly enjoy.

Vegan Buritto from Montezumas


Finally, I promised hot dogs. And here they are! Five Dogs is a place with vegan hot dogs that delivers to us. I got the Vegan Maple Bacon Dog first up. The hot dog itself is maple bacon flavoured, but it is kind of strange. It comes with kraut as standard, and I got BBQ sauce. I also got a serve of their vegan poutine. Their serves of chips are huge! Their gravy is vegan, which is great. But I haven't got the poutine since because you are essentially paying extra for a tiny sprinkle of cold vegan grated cheese. I stick to just the fries and gravy now.

Vegan Maple Bacon Dog and Vegan Poutine from 5 Dogs


I also got their Vegan BBQ hotdog, and I much prefer the vegan BBQ sausage to the other one. It comes with kraut, and I got it with some pineapple as well just for fun.

Vegan BBQ Hotdog with Pineapple from 5 Dogs


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Abby


Abby and I had such a short time together, I didn't get a chance to share many photos of her. So going back into my archives. The fact that Abby felt happy and safe enough to lie on her back like this was a massive achievement for this little scaredy cat. She had such a brave and loving soul.

4 comments:

  1. A dry falafel that's more like a hockey puck is such a disappointment. I've had one good one in my life where they were moist and flavorful and they used to flatten it a little when they put it in a wrap and the tahini dressing was out of this world. Haven't had a falafel like it since. I need to add green apple to my salads because that sounds so good! Sweet and beautiful Abby! It is truly a gift when a formerly scared or nervous animal feels safe enough so it can let its guard down with you. I had a rescued rabbit that would lay in my arms like a baby, so rare a prey animal will allow that. Makes me happy that they finally got to trust humans. We're not all bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good falafel is trule incredible.

      It is so incredibly special when an animal that is very nervous decides to trust you. I will treasure forever that Abby thought I was worthy for her love.

      Delete
  2. That doesn't sound like a very good interpretation of poutine. But gravy does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most places here you the term poutine very loosely.

      Delete