Thursday 7 April 2022

Midweek Munchies

I've been back at work this week, just doing some short four hour shifts before things go back to normal next week. I am feeling mostly OK, just get tired easily and can lift even less than usual at work. But definitely progressing back towards my version of normal! But enough about that, let's look at some food.

Ever since Tofurky left our shores, V-Bites is one of the few vegan deli slices brands that is still available here (through The Green Edge). They are not as good. I have already spoken about the ham and chicken slices, but I tried the pepperoni slices recently. They were pretty good. Had a strong peppery bite! I used some of them to make some English muffin pizzas, with pizza sauce, pepperoni, FYH mozzarella, and capers. I also made some pizza toasties with them, adding in some pizza sauce and sliced Sheese.

VSlices


Pizza sauce, pepperoni, FYH mozzarella, capers on english muffins


Pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese toastie


Speaking of English muffin pizzas, I also made this one using creamed corn as the base, with FYH mozzarella and then some bacon bits once it was out of the oven. This was a very specific craving, and it hit the spot.

Creamed Corn, FYH mozzarella, bacon bits on English Muffin


I'm forever looking for good snacks, forever disappointed by chip flavours. This vegan Honey Soy was just... not really anything. It was very slightly salty, with maybe a wisp of sweetness. Chips should have lots and lots of flavour in them!

Honey Soy Vege Rice Crackers


Finally, just a fun fresh salad I made for lunch one hot day. It had baby cos, celery, cucumber, tofu, and the last of the carrot and daikon mandarin yuzu pickle. I used a bit of the leftover pickle juice to toss through the salad, and topped it with some tonkatsu sauce, vegan Kewpie, and some sesame seaweed seasoning salt. I also had a lovely ice tea that I had picked up from an Asian grocery store along with it.

Salad with Carrot and Daikon Pickles and fun drink


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Kittens!


Could I interest you in a pile of teensie tiny very smol fresh kittens?? A friend at work fosters bottle babies, and she brings them in sometimes!

3 comments:

  1. That creamed corn pizza is inspired! Wow!

    And yes, always a pile of fresh kittens! So snuggly. I can hear their little high pitched voices in my head just looking at the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember one day when I first went vegetarian, I made a pizza with creamed corn on it and it was great. And every now and then I get a craving for it again.

      Baby kittens are just so smol! Cannot believe my girls used to be so tiny.

      Delete
    2. A lot of cultures put corn on pizza, but in America people tend to look at that funny. But creamed corn? As the sauce? SIGN ME UP.

      Delete