Monday 11 April 2022

Eating In: Baked Things

As more and more places offer vegan options, I have been slowly trying some of them out! Mostly in the before the borders opened and COVID became everywhere times.

Muffin Break has started offering some vegan muffin options, as well as a vegan pie. But they don't always have them, it took me about three or four times before I was successful. I tried the vegan mixed berry muffin, which was fine. Nothing outstanding, but good. I also got the vegan pie, which again, was fine.

Vegan Mixed Berry Muffin from Muffin Break


Vegan Pie from Muffin Break


In early December I actually went into the city for an appointment, in that brief glorious time before the borders opened. We are back to telehealth now. But on this visit in, I went to the Wednesday markets and picked up this vegan banana chocolate chip cookie. I don't remember the name of the stall, but there are a bunch of places there with vegan options.

Choc Chip Banana Cookie from markets in city


Zafarra's is a coffee shop chain, and that have a Blueberry and Banana vegan muffin. Absolutely horrific, do not try. It just tasted like baking soda. Blergh.

Zaraffa's Blueberry and Banana Vegan Muffin


Finally, doughnuts are not really a baked good, but they are still on theme. I saw this cute place called Happy Dough at Garden City, and they seemed to have some vegan doughnuts! I got a jam and a lemon curd filled doughnut, and they gave me two cinnamon sugar doughnuts for free! Not all of their doughnuts are vegan, but several are. They are also gluten free, so they did suffer from being a bit heavy and gummy, but the flavours were good.

Happy Dough at Garden City


Cinnamon, Lemon Curd, and Jam doughnuts from Happy Dough at Garden City


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Baby Elle


Another teeny kitten. This is Elle, when she was a baby! She is now a grown up kitten who is going to be ready for adoption soon! But she was so itty and bitty!

1 comment:

  1. I'm always interested in vegan baked things since I don't bake and there aren't many/any in my town! YUM! They look and sound great!

    ReplyDelete