Monday 18 April 2022

Eating Out: Vegan High Tea and Botanical Lab

I realised I hadn't posted about this remarkable meal I had towards the end of last year, and it is definitely something that needs to be shared! I had been to Botanical Lab a few times before, and when I saw they were having a Vegan High Tea I knew I definitely had to go. It isn't something they do all the time, it was something they only did for a few weekends. You had to prebook, so my friend and I jumped on it as soon as we saw it announced.

Behold their beautiful menu! We got all of this.

Vegan High Tea at Botanical Lab


And it was presented so beautifully.

Vegan High Tea at Botanical Lab


Vegan High Tea at Botanical Lab


The forgot to bring out the jam and cream for the scones initially, they came after we had eaten the scones! But the cream was really nice, plus had boba balls in it.

Vegan High Tea at Botanical Lab


The mochi ice cream and truffle also came out on their own.

Vegan High Tea at Botanical Lab


Of course, high tea requires tea! And also drinks! We each got to choose a cold drink for ourselves, plus a pot of tea for the table. I picked the Apple and Strawberry Teanade, not realising that it was going to be fizzy, so I sipped very slowly. And my friend had the Biscoff Milk Tea with Pearls.

Vegan High Tea at Botanical Lab


For our tea, we chose a white rose tea.

Vegan High Tea at Botanical Lab


It was a lovely experience, and I would love to do it again. Sadly, the centre where Botanical Lab is located was severely damaged by the severe weather we had in February, and apparently they are not expected to be able to reopen until June. I really hope they are able to come back, and I will definitely support them if they do!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Baby Dim Sim


All this talk about kittens. Did you know that Dim Sim was the last cat I had since a kitten? Gizmo, Sahara, Abby, and Boo were all adopted as adults. I sadly don't have a lot of photos of Dim Sim when she was a kitten, it was a time before digital cameras and phone cameras, and film processing was expensive when I was a student. But here is a photo of her at about a year old. She started out as the tiniest kitten, and turned into the tiniest cat.

6 comments:

  1. Wow that is such an incredible spread for tea! I sure hope they can rebuild and you can enjoy more high tea outings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow high tea! I absolutely love fancy tea. I haven't had one in ages. I think I should try making one for myself someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a fun way to treat yourself!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that looks really special! Everything on the menu sounds amazing. How sad that they've sustained weather damage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This vegan high tea looks like so much fun! Pity that they didn't bring out the jam & cream until after the scones were gone. But it all looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete