Sunday 24 October 2021

Eating Out: The Green Edge

Christmas 2019. My gift to my mum was that I would take her to lunch at The Green Edge. The beginning of 2020 was a bit hectic, and then.... well, you know what happened then. Needless to say, eating out was off the cards. Once things became a little safer, we planned to do our lunch a couple of time, but something always came up. But finally... FINALLY... we were able to get there at the end of last month... so only 21 months later. But, we did it! The Green Edge is of course Brisbane's vegan grocery store with a cafe attached. They also do bake sales and hold other events. You can see other posts I've made about them here.

The Green Edge used to have the grocery store and cafe contained in the one space, but they have expanded so now they have a separate dining room (as well as outdoor seats). Because I avoid sun at all costs, we sat in the newish inside dining area, which is quite lovely.

The Green Edge


For drinks, I got one of their Biscoff Lattes, which are delicious and not as sweet as you would think. And there is no coffee in it, which is good for me. Mum got a hot chocolate.

Biscoff Latte and Hot Chocolate at The Green Edge


We also ordered a bowl of their delicious hot chips to share.

Bowl of Chips at The Green Edge


For lunch, we both ordered off the specials board. Mum had the Korean BBQ Pork Bowl, which had rice, broccoli, BBQ 'pork', pickled vegetables, and kimchi. She really enjoyed it. I tried a bit of the pork an it was good.

Korean BBQ Pork Bowl


I ordered the VFC Burger, Southern-style fried chicken with cos, tomato, and dressing on a mylk bun. It is not something I would normally order, but I had a sudden urge. It was huge. I need to remember that I have a dodgy TMJ and stop ordering burgers. Unfortunately, the fried chicken had a weird oily texture to it, and the coating didn't have and flavour. I was expecting some sort of herbs and spices in it.

VFC Burger at The Green Edge


Because the burger left me feeling a little blah, I raided their fridge and picked up a delicious Berry Rose Water Kefir by Buchi, which was delicious! If you ever see this flavour, you should definitely get it!

Nice Buchi Kefir


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Sahara Sleeping


Sahara, being a perfect cinnamon scroll. She was such a good one.

8 comments:

  1. Too bad about the burger, but the drinks look great. Biscoff latte? SIGN ME UP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! Biscoff spread, crumbled bits of biscoff cookies, just like a perfect cup of warmth.

      Delete
  2. What a great picture of Sahara all curled up! The colors are so soothing. It is so bittersweet to remember those who passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I miss them so much, my memories are all I have left.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you finally made a meal there happen! That Biscoff latte sounds delicious. It's a pity the sandwich wasn't better. That sounds like the kind of thing I would order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have lots of other burger options there that I've tried that have been great. Next time I'll get something better.

      Delete
  4. What lovely eats from neat places! I love seeing the designs and such! And the menu items! So cool! Sahara is adorable! I hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete