Wednesday 13 October 2021

Midweek Munchies

It's Wednesday, so you know what that means... munchies!

Here are some snacks I got from a random health food store. The shiitake jerky was the star of the show, very mushroomy. I also enjoyed the dried fruits. They were soft dried, and the paw paw wasin strips. The bananas were basically whole bananas dehydrated, so they were tiny. Dehydrated banana gets so sweet!

Snacks


Another beautiful Treat Dreams care package, this time from my friend Michelle in Sydney. It included two blocks of the limited edition Wear it Purple bar, that was fundraising for trans youth services. It is a milk chocolate bar with rice crispies and freeze dried passionfruit, and the top is coloured metallic purple. The tang of the passionfruit balanced out the slightly too sweet of the milk chocolate. The milk chocolate peanut crunch bar is also amazing, because peanut and chocolate are a match made in heaven! I also love the strawberry bears as well. Thank you Michelle!

Treat Dreams from Michelle


More and more vegan lollies are becoming available these days, including a lot that are vegan versions of childhood favourites. I am not a huge lolly person, but the one I have been yearning for is a good strawberries and cream! These were my favourite then, and my favourite now. The Green Edge started stocking this brand, which has a huge range, but I was all about the S&C. I saw they had coconut oil in them, so I only bought one bag. Big mistake, as this type have been sold out every time I've been there since... obviously because they are the best. They are just like what I loved as a kid! I only eat a few at a time, so this bag has lasted me a while. Next time I see them on the shelves I'll be sure to grab a few!

Strawberries and Cream Lollies


Bangers and Mash, again. This version had the Unreal Co Chicken and Chives sausages. They were OK. But why do companies insist on puting vegan casing on so many sausages these days, when most of the time it just sticks and sheets off when you are cooking? I also tried the Plantasy instant potato and carrot mash... and it made me realise that I don't love dehydrated carrot. I topped it with some more of the Plantasy vegan gravy mix, which I tried to make taste better than last time by using beef-style stock instead of water and also increasing the amount of gravy powder... I still didn't really like it. Oh well.

Sausages and Mash


Sausages and Mash


Finishing it up with this fun water kefir I found! Feijoa flavoured! It also had vanilla in it. It tasted kind of like a slightly fruity creaming soda, and was very nice.

Feijoa Kefir


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Abby


Abby, giving me a little bit of side eye. How are things going with the cats?? Slowly. Abby is much happier now that her confinement is in my bedroom rather than my study, though she is still a bit mopey. I let her come out for a bit if Boo is in the catmax. Trying to get them both eating on either side of the closed door at the same time can be tricky. Also, if Boo notices Abby under the door when there isn't food, she will hiss. But it has gone from a big hiss and growl to a quite to moderate hiss, so that is some progress!

10 comments:

  1. That kefir drink looks great, not sure what Feijoa tastes like. Why is it so hard to make cats to get along ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a labour of love with these two. I am determined to get them to coexist!

      Delete
  2. You made the sausages look delicious anyway! Sorry they were just okay.

    Growl to hiss seems promising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A reasonable looking photo can hide a multitude! I am hoping my next attempt at trying a new to me sausage will be better.

      Delete
  3. Those lolllies look so good. Don’t you hate when others discover how delicious something is and buy them all up before you’ve had a chance to hoard them? Given how you feel about coconut, though, completely understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lolllies look so good. Don’t you hate when others discover how delicious something is and buy them all up before you’ve had a chance to hoard them? Given how you feel about coconut, though, completely understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lolllies look so good. Don’t you hate when others discover how delicious something is and buy them all up before you’ve had a chance to hoard them? Given how you feel about coconut, though, completely understandable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found some more at a bulk shop for even cheaper! But they also didn't have a lot. Alas. Very rude of all those other people. ;)

      Delete
  6. Oh, wow, those strawberries and cream lollies look like the real deal!

    ReplyDelete