Wednesday, October 21, 2009

VeganMoFo #14: Recipe Round-Up - Vegan Planet

Back to the round up of Vegan Planet recipes... I still have so many more photos to post as well! Let's see what I have been cooking up...

Layered Polenta-Chili Casserole is a delicious way to use up some leftover chili. I had leftovers from one of the VP chili recipes - but I don't remember which one! The recipe called for a 9x13 inch baking dish but I found that this was too big for the ingredients called for so I used a smaller pan. It is delicious layer of polenta with a layer of chili and topped off with melted Cheezly - yummy!

Tempeh adds delicious protein to this Pappardelle Cacciatore - nom nom nom! I couldn't find any pappardelle pasta that didn't contain eggs, so I used my favourite spinach fettuccine.

This is ridiculously good! It is Grilled Portobellos with Rosemary-Roasted Vegetables. A simple combination of red onion, zucchini and tomato (I left out the capsicum) roasted and piled on top of a grilled portobello (which I grilled in our George Foreman grill). I served it with Wild Rice Pilaf from The Complete Vegan Cookbook and a green salad. VP suggests a variation where you add a grilled veggie burger on top of the mushrooms and under the vegetables for a more substantial entree. To be honest, I think this would really take away from the glorious fresh flavours, and I love it just as it is!

Red Bean Cakes with Creamy Coconut Sauce are a pretty dinner. The red bean cakes are so amazingly tasty and would be great as burgers made in their own right! The coconut sauce is nice but a bit bland. I served it with some brown rice and some sauteed broccolini - I think a nice salty vegetable side definitely picks up the whole experience.

Tempeh Goulash is full of fermented goodness - tempeh and sauerkraut... delicious! It has a very interesting flavour, but it is damn tasty!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Blog

Sahara loves a really intense head rub, here she is with my mother's hands encircled around her face giving her a nice scratch/rub/pat. Her little face is all squinched up in happiness. She was purring super loudly with her rattle purr!


  1. I think that I may have to get a copy of vegan Planet. That looks like a great selection of recipes.

    Sahara looks ecstatic in that photo. There is nothing like a really happy kitty!

  2. Tempeh goulash? That sounds pretty delicious!

  3. That kitty photo made me smile.
    And so did all that food. It all looks fab.

  4. Ooo, that all looks so good especially the polenta chili casserole. Your cat photos always make me smile :)

  5. That's a great shot of your kitty!

  6. I love your kitty's little face!

    Vegan Planet is awesome. Have you tried her Vegan Fire & Spice? I did that one last year. Hit or miss on Fire, but still good.

  7. Mmm must make those bean cakes! I copied that recipe down eons ago when I borrowed Vegan Planet from the library but haven't ever made them!

    And awww, what a happy kitty face!