Monday 17 January 2022

Midweek Munchies

I know it is Monday and not midweek, but these are the easiest posts to write, so here we are.

I've been trying out different frozen meals for when I get home late from work, and I was excited to try this new Veef Three Cheese Lasagne. However, it was a total letdown. As you can see, it just looks kind of watery. I guess there was some cheese in there? Will not buy again.

Made With Plants Three Cheese Lasagne


A more successful frozen meal option was this Fable American BBQ meal. It was lovely, with the mashed sweet potato and BBQ sauced Fable chunks. The corn you see in the photo on the box was a serving suggestion, and I didn't have time or energy to do anything about corn, so I just had mine as is over some baby spinach. Would buy again.

Fable American BBQ


I love Fry's products, and these Boerie Sausages were a hit! They actually had a casing on them that wasn't gross and didn't turn into a gelatinous mess or peel off in big sheets. You bit in to them and there was that little pop as you bit through the casing. The flavour was nice too, not spicy, just nicely spiced.

Fries Boerie Sausages


Pikelets! It has been ages since I have had some pikelets. Golden Crumpet brand pikelets and pancakes have recently changed their ingredients to be all vegan! Yes, I know, pikelets or pancakes out of a bag will never be as good as freshly made. But who care when you can have a fun and nostalgic snack! Of course jam and cream is the classic pikelet topping, but I am not one for cream. I made this fun little pikelet plate with Nuttelex and jam, Nuttelex and chocolate spread, and Biscoff and marmalade. Not going to lie, I also ate some of these straight out of the packet with nothing.

Golden Pikelets


Golden Pikelets


Ages ago my friend Amy and I had a dumpling making day at her house, but there was some leftover filling that didn't fit in the wrappers. I took some home and had it lurking in my freezer, until the day came where I used it to make some pineapple fried rice. I also added some grated carrot and some bok choy. So fast, so nice.

Fried Rice with Leftover Dumpling Mix, pineapple, bok choy, etc


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Gizmo


Some more Gizmo for you to appreciate. How has she been gone 10 years? I will never understand.

4 comments:

  1. That lasagna looks pitiful! Glad you got some better food elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More wonderful finds!!! Very nice! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Holding on the best I can. Hope you are too. <3

      Delete