Sunday 9 January 2022

Eating Out: Yuan Yuan

Friends, things have gotten so bad here in my state. We have skyrocketed to over 10000 new cases per day in a matter of a few weeks, testing lines are hours longs, you cannot get a RAT for love or money, the hospitals are stretched so thin, and we have new deaths. The thought of eating out is just not something I can even consider doing right now. So this is a post from a lunch my mum and I had a while ago, when things were still OK here in QLD. We went out to Yuan Yuan for lunch, which I have posted about a few times before here.

Mum ordered the spring rolls. I have a low tolerance for fried food, but I do enjoy a fresh crispy hot spring roll. I normally just have one, but I try and load it up with as much of the sauce they come with as I can. I love it.

Spring Rolls at Yuan Yuan


I ordered the classic steamed BBQ buns, which were delicious!

Steamed BBQ Buns at Yuan Yuan


Mum ordered the Sizzling Eggplant with Soybean Sauce, which had a great savoury sauce. Sizzling plates are always so fun!

Sizzling Eggplan with Soybean Sauce at Yuan Yuan


And I orderd a wonderful Mushroom and Basil Hot Pot. As you can see, if came full of capsicum, but I picked that out for my mum to eat.

Mushroom and Basil Hot Pot at Yuan Yuan


We also ordered some rice for our meals. And it was such a pretty little bowl of multicoloured rice, I had to take a photo!

Steamed Rice at Yuan Yuan


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Abby


Abby makes so many funny and cute faces!

3 comments:

  1. That eggplant looks fantastic! I have eggplant fantasies, but right now they're out of season and anyway I'm not going to the store for quite some time. But I will live vicariously.

    Sorry things have gone awry in Queensland. This has become about as contagious as any disease we've ever known. I'm glad that masks that filter it have been invented, but I know just what you mean--I sometimes wonder if I'll ever eat out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was finally able to get some N95s for work and wow, they are not comfortable, but all the discomfort is worth the feeling of safety they bring me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly that! It's miserable to wear them but at least I can take the mask off, and I couldn't take off the "did I do everything I could" anxiety if I didn't wear an N95.

      Delete