Monday 3 January 2022

Boxing Day

The day after Christmas here is another public holiday called Boxing Day. Though because Christmas was Saturday and Boxing day was Sunday, we also got Monday and Tuesday as public holidays here. Though I worked on Tuesday morning. Anyway, Boxing day as normally a day for relaxing, snacking, reading, and watching.

I started my Boxing Day with some very standard and boring yoghurt, granola, and berries. No photos there. But for lunch I put together a nice plate of leftovers. Including my traditional Boxing Day ham and cheese croissant, as well as a piece of roast and the leftover veggies and dressing from Christmas lunch.

Boxing Day Lunch


Dumpling Salad from To Asia, With Love by Hetty McKinnon: I like to make a salad for dinner on Boxing Day, and this year I went for this lovely dish. Fresh salad with some dumplings added and dumpling dipping sauce used as dressing. I just used some frozen veggie gyoza we had in the freezer. On a bed of baby spinach, topped with some chopped tomato, cucumber, and coriander and then a lovely simple dumpling dipping sauce. I left out the chili and the raw scallions. This was lovely, light, but satisfying as well.
Rating: :)

Dumpling Salad


Early on in the month, when I decided to go Full Christmas and Christmas Hard, I had bought a whole bunch of Christmas sweet stuff. But then instead of snacking on it festively throughout December, I left it tucked away with visions of eating it on Christmas Day. But as you saw, we ate plenty on Christmas day! So I put together a Boxing Day dessert platter. It featured some stollen for Aldi that happens to be vegan, some vegan fruit mince pies (probably the best ones I've tried, I am not a huge fruit mince person, but these were good), and some Woolworths vegan rum balls. Also some fresh cherries, because cherries are essential at Christmas. I arranged them on a platter, and I was very proud of myself for how pretty it looked!

Boxing Day Dessert Platter


Boxing Day Dessert Platter


There ends my Christmas Posts! I still have a New Year's post to share, then it will be back to regular programming. Hope you all had a nice time, however you spend it.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Abby does not want to be Santa


Abby does not want to be Santa


Two photos today! Abby absolutely refuses to participate in the Santa hat game. She's a wily one. The best I could do was to hold the hat above her head, while she faced away from me, or gently lay it on her back. I guess this is as close to Santa as Abby will get!

2 comments:

  1. Here's to a better 2022~
    Jennifer
    https://myblissfuljourney.mystrikingly.com/

    ReplyDelete