Saturday 22 January 2022

Eating In: Starbucks Edition

A Starbucks opened near me. I never went, until a friend I was with wanted to get a drink, so I went along with her. And then it opened my eyes to the number of vegan options I could pick up from there and take to my nice, safe home.

Udpate: I have since found out since posting this that Starbucks in the US is engaging in union busting activities! Uncool.

The one thing I new I could get from Starbucks was the matcha on soy. I'd had lattes and iced matchas, but Starbucks in Australian also recently introduced vegan rice whip. That means matcha frappuccinos! My goodness, they are so tasty! I loved mine so much that I went back to get another one a few days later, but then my body reminded me quite forcefully about my low caffeine tolerance, so it was a brief love affair that now must return to being unrequired.

Soy Frappuccino with Rice Whip from Starbucks


They also have quite a few vegan food options now, like these muffins! I tried the Blueberry Crumble and the Orange Poppyseed. They were both good, I think the blueberry was my favourite. (They also have bagels, and a vegan chocolate cake.)

Blueberry Crumble Muffin from Starbucks


Orange Poppy Seed Muffin from Starbucks


Then came the Christmas flavours, and Starbucks in Australia was very clean on what was vegan... which was most of it! I started off with a Gingerbread Frappuccino, soy milk, no coffee, use vegan whip instead of the spiced dairy whip. This was delicious. It also has a brown sugar drizzle on top. I wish this was available year round, it would definitely be what I would order again.

Starbucks Gingerbread Frappuccino


The Confetti Cooki Frappuccino was my next try. Again, soy milk, no coffee, vegan whip. This one was a bit meh for me, it had a certain aftertaste that, while not actively unpleasant, was just a but odd.

Starbucks Cookie Frappuccino


Not pictured, I also tried the Toffee Nut Crunch Frappuccino, so milk, no coffee, vegan whip, and hold the non-vegan toffee nut crunch topping. It basically looked like the above drink, but without the sprinkles. Very white and milky. But it was nice. My second favourite of the three. They also had a Peppermint Mocha one, but I didn't get that.

They also offer a Vegan Roasted Vegetable Roll in the hot foods section. I grabbed one to take home. I served it with some cucumber, grape tomatoes, and tomato chutney. It wasn't anything amazing, but it was pleasant enough and a good option to have.

Starbucks Roasted Vegetable Roll


Cute Kitty Photos of the Post

Sahara sitting pretty


Sahara has been in my dreams a bit the last few nights. I wish they were happy dreams of us being together, but they are stressful dreams about me trying not to lose her. Thanks brain!

2 comments:

  1. We don't have a Starbucks in my town. The next town over has one but I don't go there often. While traveling I tend to visit them, tho. I know back in June - when I was outside of Baltimore - for work - there was 2 in my hotel and 3 within walking distance. I believe we 'hit up' 4 of out of the 5. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starbucks never really took off to much in Australia, most Australians who drink coffee do not consider Starbucks coffee to be any good. But they certainly do shine when it comes to making ridiculous drinks!

      Delete