Wednesday 12 January 2022

Midweek Munchies

Everything is terrible, so let's look back at some fun foods.

Again and again companies pretend to offer vegan Maltesers, and again and again I get let down. I was really hoping these Maltybites were going to be the answer to my Malteser loving prayers. Alas, not really. They centre was crispy, but not really malty. They are fine as a little cruncy chocolate treat, but they need to up their game. I tried the original and the orange flavour (the flavouring is in the chocolate around the crunchy centre), they also have a mint one.

Malty Bites


Some fun Health Lab snack balls! My favourite was the peanut butter choc chip one. The hazelnut one also had a chocolate coating, so was definitely more of a dessert ball. Though Healthy Lab has been contacted by the Food Empowerment Project about their chocolate, and ended up on the do not recommend list, so I will be sticking to their non-chocolate options from now on.

Health Lab Balls


Some ramen in a cup! I took this for when I got my hair dyed last time. It took several hours, and so I knew to bring something to eat! This was not bad, obviously not as good or as varied as homemade ramen (or even just doctored up instant ramen at home), but it was good for what it was and what I needed at the time.

/
Miso Ramen Cup


Some more fun snacks from the bulkstore, including my beloved Yoshino (Japanese cracker coated peanuts). I also got some cinnamon-sugar coated almonds, tamari almonds, and vegan sour gummy worms!

Yoshino


Cinnamon Sugar Almonds, Tamari Almonds, Vegan Sour Gummi Worms


Some Meetballs and pizza! Yes, I realised I have started every paragraph with the word 'some', I decided to just go with it and make it a theme. Anyway, I tried these Meet Meetballs. I used them to make a broccoli, meatball, and pineapple pizza with a BBQ sauce base. It also had some FYH cheddar on it. I pre-cooked the meetballs (just in fry pan) and then cut them in half so they wouldn't roll off the pizza. Of course I also snacked on a couple for science, and they were pretty good! And the pizza was amazing.

Meetballs


Meetball, Broccoli, Pineapple BBQ pizza


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Gizmo


Thinking a lot about my Gizmo lately. I mean, she is always on my mind and in my heart. But we are coming up to the 10 year anniversary of her death (how?) soon, so it is really weighing on me.

2 comments:

  1. Your pizza looks great! And hooray for cracker-coated nuts of all sorts.

    I miss malt balls, too. I haven't had anything vegan malt-like ever, and it would be really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really miss the mark with the vegan 'malt' balls I've tried. They focus on the crispy texture, but completely skip the malty taste. I love malt flavour too.

      Delete