Wednesday 10 November 2021

Eating Out: Plant Vibes (Van Gogh Alive edition)

On Monday, Mum and I went to see the Van Gogh Alive exhibit and then went and tried a new to me vegan place for lunch afterwards! I know you are all here for the food (and the cats), so let's start with lunch! The place we went was Plant Vibes Cafe. They are in a place where I was not sure about getting parking, so as we were near there for the exhibit, I figured that if I couldn't find a park we could just go home and it would just have been a small detour out of our way. Luckily I got a park right out the front!

I got the Hibiscus Passionfruit Lemon Myrtle Iced Tea to drink, which was very refreshing!

Hibiscus Passionfruit Lemon Myrtle Iced Tea at Plant Vibes


Mum got the Cheese and Bacon Croissant Special, which was a toasted croissant filled with cheese sauce and bacon bits. I tried a bit and it was delicious, like fondue!

Cheese and Bacon Croissant Special at Plant Vibes


We shared a bowl of chips with aioli. I would like to respectfully request that we phase out shoestring fries, they just aren't as satisfying as a big chunky chip!

Fries and Aioli at Plant Vibes


And I ordered the Breakfast Croissant, which was a croissant with cheesy tofu scramble, mushrooms, avocado, a potato chive cake, and tomato relish. I also got some Hollandaise sauce on the side. This was nice, but huge! I ended up just pulling it to bits, pouring the sauce all over it, and then eating it with a knife and fork in little bits.

Breakfast Croissant with Hollandaise at Plant Vibes


They also have a lovely bakery cabinet at the counter full of goodies, so we got some to take home. Mum got a Loaded Cookie, and I got a Custard and Apple Croissant. It was delicious, such a good combination to put with a croissant!

Loaded Cookie and Apple & Custard Croissant at Plant Vibes


Now for the arty stuff. That morning we had gone to the Van Gogh Alive exhibit. I had seen some of my friends in Vancouver posting about it when it was there, and I was really excited that it was coming to Brisbane. It was a really beautiful and unique experience. Here are some photos.

Van Gogh Alive


Van Gogh Alive


Van Gogh Alive


Van Gogh Alive


Van Gogh Alive


Van Gogh Alive


Of course, being an immersive experience, photos just cannot do it justice. But if you ever get a chance to go, I highly recommend it!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Abby Nap Time


After lunch, we came home and I watched the Doctor Who episode Vincent and The Doctor, which is very beautiful and very sad. Then I was really fighting off the urge to have a nap. I ended up giving into it, and having a little nap with Abby on the bed.

8 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to go to Van Gogh LIVE and they have one in Buffalo (about 2 hours away) but I still haven't been to it yet! Looks awesome! And all of that lovely vegan food! YUMMERZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cheese and bacon croissant looks SO GOOD! To us those are just normal fries; the skinny fries are much skinnier (and I don't like the super skinny ones--they're too much crispy and not enough soft inside). The bigger ones are potato wedges to us. I would be disappointed if one was substituted for another, in either direction! Did you know what you were getting when you ordered?

    Although I'm not that into Van Gogh, that does look like an amazing exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potato wedges are a whole different ball game, they'd never be sold as fries. But fries here can range from these shoestring ones to nice chunky cut. I knew I was getting them, and look, I would order them again. They are still potato goodness, but I just love a chunky chip.

      Delete
  3. Those croissant sandwiches look so good! I'm always so excited when vegan croissants are available. It's one of those things that feels rare & special.

    That Van Gogh exhibit is everywhere! I have friends seeing it all over the States, but the reviews seem really mixed. People seem to either love it or hate it. I'm glad you had a great time, and good call on Doctor Who afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many vegan croissant options around here now! There are two main bakeries who make them, and they supply a lot of cafes as well, so they are popping up on menus all over.

      Doctor Who was the perfect ending for that day. Of course you would appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love a savoury croissant. And as we established recently, FUN DRINKS. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ALL THE FUN DRINKS! Next time you are in Brisbane you should got to Botanical Lab in West End... so many fun drinks.

      Delete