Wednesday 17 November 2021

Eating Out: Easy House and Flour of Life

Easy House is my favourite place down at the Gold Coast, because I just love yum cha a lot! So in my week of eating last week, my friend Amy and I went down to eat our favourites. It had been a while since we had been. I don't always post when we go to Easy House, because I have posted a lot about it before and we tend to get the same things, but I thought in honour of the occasion I'd share these favourite things again.

While not originally on our radar, when they suggested getting some skewers with satay sauce, we said yes. We'd had these before (as with everything), and knew they were good. They seemed extra good today!

Satay Sticks at Easy House


They make these amazing pan-fried rolled rice noodles in XO sauce. Problem is, XO sauce is spicy! But if you ask, they will switch out the XO sauce for some sweet soy sauce, and then I can enjoy them too! These noodles were extra crispy and delicious. But so hot... do not burn your mouth. Restrain yourself and try and let them cool a bit.

Noodles with non-XO sauce at Easy House


An array of favourites! Two lots of steamed BBQ pork bao, some steamed coriander dumplings, and my beloved radish cakes!

BBQ pork buns, coriander dumplings, radish cakes at Easy House


And no trip would be complete without some delicious steamed beancurd roll. Oh so good.

Steamed Beancurd Rolls at Easy House


No trip down would be complete for us without stopping at Flour of Life, the vegan bakery. I got a strawberry flan (my favourite) and a blueberry crumble for me, a passionfruit tart for my mum, and an apple crumble for my dad.

Strawberry flan, apple crumble, passionfruit tart, blueberry crumble from Flour of Life


My friend Amy is also a magnificent seamstress. She makes all her own close and they are so cute, she has amazing style. For my birthday, she gave me a super cute pair of pyjamas made in this adorable Pusheen fabric. I feel so lucky to have some talented and generous friends!
Pusheen PJs from Amy


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Abby on her turret


Abby being very cute on top of the cat turret.

8 comments:

  1. Those pajamas are adorable! I love pajamas. It's one of the best parts of winter for me. Especially flannel! So cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love PJs, and have a cute selection for all temperatures!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a pretty amazing restaurant! Nice vegan options! ANd those unicorn cats...OMG! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Pusheen, and I love unicorns, so Pusheenicorn is a good bet for me.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, these pyjamas are amazing! I follow Amy on instagram and admire her sewing posts so much.

    And I always enjoy your Easy House posts, keep putting 'em up even if they are repeats. :)

    ReplyDelete