Monday 15 November 2021

Eating Out: Cafe Vie

Hello hello! I've been back at work the last two days, and heading off to work again shortly, but I still have some food adventures from last week to share. Starting off with this trip up to Cafe Vie in Buderim on Wednesday with a friend. I'd been there a couple of times before when I spent three days up at the Sunshine Coast earlier this year, and I was keen to go back. Though the one and a half hour drive is a bit of a drag, thankfully the food is worth it!

It was a weird hot/humid/rainy day, but we still ordered some hot drinks (as well as cold water for the table). I got the dark Hot Chocolate, and my friend got the True Blue Latte, which was butterfly pea, ginger, and coconut blossom. She said it tasted like slightly sweet blue milk, which she was expecting. But it made for a pretty photo!

True Blue Latte and Hot Chocolate at Cafe Vie


We both spent some time deciding what to order. I eventually decided on the Where's The Ducking Pancakes! Which is like a giant duck pancake. Hoisin mock duck, pickled daikon, carrot, cashews, spring onion, and herbs in a housemade crisp pancake. It was delicious! Though the large pancake ended up being a little thick and not so crisp. It normally also comes garnished with some fresh chilli, but I asked ahead to make sure it was the only chilli in the dish and got them to leave it off.

Where's The Duckin' Pancakes at Cafe Vie


My friend ordered The Asian Dons, which was three Baos with crispy Korean chycken, don katsu mayo, cucumber, pickled papaya and carrot, and herbs. Verdict: Also delicious!

The Asian Don's at Cafe Vie


Even though we both ordered Asian-inspired dishes, this is not the theme of the food at the cafe. They have a variety of all sorts of things. We also each got a side of fries with aioli, as one should always have potato with every meal. I really liked the fries, they had a great seasoning to them. The aioli was OK, but I preferred the fries on their own.

Fries and Aioli at Cafe Vie


Afterwards we stopped by Nurcha Maroochydore for a bit of vegan shopping, and we also stopped into the IGA next door, which has yet more fun vegan things. Look out for some of these in future midweek munchies posts!

Nurcha Haul


IGA Haul


My friend is great at sewing and makes a lot of quilts. She giften me this super cute quilted tote bag for my birthday. It has black cats on the outside, pink straps (my favourite colour) and the inside is lined with a strawberry fabric (my favourite fruit), so sweet and thoughtful! Also with a couple of lovely little treats!

Presents from Tracee


Even when I got home, it wasn't all over. Cafe Vie stocks Black Lemonade Bakery cookies in their treats cabinet, and I picked up two. A Rocky Road, and a Chocolate Cherry Peanut. Both were so good!

Rocky Road and Chocolate Cherry Peanut cookies by Black Lemonade from Cafe Vie


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Boo's birthday


Yesterday (the 14th of November) was Boo's 5th birthday! Happy birthday Boo! During the week, she had her bloods retested and her calcium levels are still high, which got her birthday off to a bad start and was had to start her on a new medication where she is not allowed to eat for two hours after, and she was beside herself! However, once breakfast was given, all was forgiven. She spent the rest of the day doing her normally happy Boo things. I got her this birthday bear cat toy, which she has completely ignored (I predicted that), and she also got a creamy treat, which she absolutely loved.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Boo! So adorable! Meds can be so tricky for them, eh? Hope she is ok! Your food pics always impress! And I can't wait to read more during this week's Midweek Munchies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Midweek munchies posts are coming back soon! Boo is such a good girl for her meds.

      Delete