Monday 22 November 2021

Recipe Round-Up: Cadry's Kitchen (Blog)

Welcome back to regular programming, after that epic week of eating out. For my next batch of recipe round-ups, I am going to be highlighting some delicious things I have made from Cadry's Kitchen! If you don't know Cadry, she is a fantastic vegan cook who has a whole range of incredible recipes available on her blog - that's right, they are there and ready for you to make right now! Cadry is also a total cat lady and Buffy fan, and we have a lot in common. I was lucky enough to meet her at Vida Vegan Con in Austin, where I almost didn't go and say hi in person because I am the most socially awkward panda that ever was. But I am so glad I did. Even though we live far across the seas from each other, we have exchanged some packages and chat online, where she posts lots of photos of her wonderful cats. You can see a few other posts I have made about her blog here. But for now, lets get into the first part of this round-up!

Blueberry Banana Smoothie: A simple classic to get started, with this icy cold smoothie. It also has chia seeds and spinach in it (hence the colour), so it is a great way to start the day.
Rating: :)

Blueberry Banana Smoothie


Veggie Quesadilla with Apples & Caramelised Onions: This is a wonderful autumny munch! I scaled the recipe down as I only had 4 mini tortillas, so I made 2 very cute mini quesadillas. They are filled with spinach, caramelised onion, fresh apple slices, and smoked cheese. I used Daiya Smoked Gouda (which sadly we can't get here anymore). I had included some BBQ sauce on my plate for dipping, but the be honest the flavours are so lovely that it didn't need anything extra.
Rating: :)

Veggie Quesadilla with Apples & Caramelised Onions


Vegan Reuben Jackfruit Sandwich: Cadry loves a reuben, as do I, and she knows how to make a good one. She makes a fantastic corned jackfruit recipe, simmering shredded jackfruit with a beet-based liquid until all those flavours and colours are absorbed. I had to simmer mine for a bit longer for all the liquid to be absorbed. Add to bread (I didn't have rye, so I used wholemeal) with sauerkraut, a quick and easy homemade Thousand Island Dressing, and avocado (my addition) for a great sandwich!
Rating: :)

Vegan Reuben Jackfruit Sandwich


Jackfruit Reuben Nourish Bowl: Make sure to have some leftovers of the corned jackfruit and thousand island dressing so you can put this easy bowl together. The bowl comprises of roasted potatoes (I just roasted some quickly, rather than making the breakfast potato recipe suggested), spinach, baby cos (which I used instead of raw cabbage), sauerkraut, avocado, and dressing. I added some sliced dill pickles as well.
Rating: :)

Jackfruit Reuben Nourish Bowl


Creamy Gnocchi Soup with Sausage and Kale: My photo of this is terrible, got and see Cadry's (she also has mad skills with food photography). But this soup is delicious! I had never thought to roast gnocchi before. Just cook, drain, dry and roast and you will have a hard time not snacking on them all before they get to the soup! I made a triple batch of this recipe so I could use up my whole gnocchi package. I used Field Roast Apple Sage sausage, and I used baby spinach instead of kale. The creamth (TM to Chelsea from Like A Vegan) from this recipe comes from a wonderful cashew-based broth. I took half the sausage out of the pot after sauteeing, so I could add back at the end to keep some crispy. This is such a wonderful recipe, I know you Northern Hemisphere friends are in the cooler months now, so make this!
Rating: :D

Creamy Gnocchi Soup with Sausage and Kale


Pineapple Fried Rice with Eggy Tofu: I love a fried rice recipe! This one has veggies (onion, carrot, peas and the celery I used instead of capsicum), pineapple, and eggy tofu. The tofu is crumbled and sauteed with black salt separately, then added at the end. Though I did find that the eggy taste was lost a little bit when it got bixed through the rest of it, but it was still all good flavours. Make a double batch of sauce, it is great.
Rating: :)

Pineapple Fried Rice with Eggy Tofu


Cold Peanut Noodle Salad: One for us in the warmer climates, a peanut sauce on a pasta salad makes for a pretty great dinner. Or potluck contribution! Is anyone doing potlucks these days? Who knows, in plague times. It is also very easy to personalise, I added some broccoli florets and frozen peas when I was cooking the pasta for some extra veggies. I left out the raw onion and capsicum, and added in some celery along with the grated carrot. I also had to leave out the radishes as I couldn't find any. I added some Japanese marinated tofu, and it made a complete and very nice meal.
Rating: :)

Cold Peanut Noodle Salad


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim


Dim Sim is always on my mind, I miss her so much. I can't breathe if I think about it too hard. We are coming up to the one year anniversary of her passing, and I just can't believe she has been gone from me fo that long.

8 comments:

  1. All good thoughts to you as you reflect on your loss.

    Peanut sauce on pasta is SO GOOD whether hot or cold, but I do think the potluck may be over for a generation at this point. Lots of things have changed so much...I try not to think about it too much.

    Whether the tofu was eggy or not, that pineapple fried rice looks SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peanut sauce really goes with everything!

      Delete
  2. I'm so touched! What a sweet post!

    I'm so happy we met IRL in Austin and only wish we'd hung out more. But thank goodness for the internet to keep us in touch here.

    Everything you made looks amazing, and I'm thrilled you enjoyed it - especially that gnocchi soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some more posts coming!
      I look forward to the day we can hang out properly sometime.

      Delete
  3. HOLY MOLY! Look at all that wonderful food! And Cadry is super cool! LOVE her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These recipes all look so great - I'm especially taken by the quesadillas! I'm following Cadry's Kitchen immediately.

    ReplyDelete