Wednesday 22 July 2020

Midweek Munchies

Hello friends. What a time. Thank you for your kind comments, I know this is a time where so many of us are struggling. Let's get into some food, shall we?

It is frustratingly hard to find Salt and Vinegar flavoured chips that are vegan, as a lot of them have dairy in them. Why they can make a chicken flavoured chip that is accidentally vegan but cannot manage a salt and vinegar flavour, I know not. But there are a few brands. And I am not a big regular chip eater, but I do love a good salt and vinegar. Emphasis on the good. Some of them just don't have enough of the flavour. Thankfully these Natural Chip Co Salt and Vinegar Chips are both vegan and also have a really good strong flavour. They are the best chips of this sort.

Best Chips


Love these Tom & Luke Snackaballs. The chocolate and orange chocolate ones are a like little snack balls but they also have actual chocolate in them. They are a lovely little treat! The Peanut Butter and Cacao ones are your more classic snack ball, with an excellent flavour. I keep them at work for any time a snack need strikes.

Tom & Luke


Back to adventures in yoghurt, this So Delicious Cashew Vanilla Yoghurt is one of my favourites. A bit sweeter than the So Delicious natural yoghurt, it isn't overly sweet and has a lovely rich vanilla flavour. It is great on its own or with fruit and granola, and I think it would also make a great vanilla topping for desserts. It is really thick.

So Delicious Cashew Vanilla Yoghurt


A while ago Flora & Fauna was having a 15% off everything sale, plus free delivery if you ordered a certain amount. So who was I to say no? This was still when I was in isolation (as in, before going back to work, I'm not exactly doing much outside the house other than that and the occasional quick shop trip), so getting a box of fun treats was very much wanted. Anyway else like to try and spend their way out of depression? I figure at least I am not going beyond my means, and I am generally supporting local businesses or independent artists, so its a good thing! Right?

Flora & Fauna Delivery


Not food, but in that same order I also bought a bunch of very silly face sheet mask things, with silly ingredients like gold foil and lime caviar in them. My love of silly drinks spilling over into skin care. I haven't tried any yet, but I should get onto that so I can post selfies on my IG stories of me looking ridiculous.

Flora & Fauna Delivery


This was a comfort food kind of lunch using up things. A tin of baked beans (what Food For Dissertating would call Heinz Vegetarian Beans in Tomato Sauce) mixed through some leftover white rice, a bunch of nutritional yeast mixed in, some baby spinach, and some bacon bits. This was just what I needed that day.

Cheesy Rice and Baked Beans


These were some vegan GF custard pastries I bought randomly at Woolworths and then left languishing in my freezer for ages. They were... eh. The pastry was kind of tough. The custard was OK but there was a slightly strange after taste to the whole thing. Also why would you put something into a packet of 5? Prime numbers do not work for sharing!

Simply Wize Custard Pastries


Finally these Mango Mochi Ice Creams. I'd had the Black Sesame ones before, which I loved. These were also amazing, the mango was so tangy and fresh. I know these have coconut ice cream in them, but thankfully it isn't a heavy coconut, and doesn't make me sick. These are such fun little bites, a really great way to finish up dinner or if you just neen a little something.

Mango Mochi Ice


Oh, I have had to turn on comment approval temporarily, because over the past couple of days old posts on the blog were getting spammed by comments of an inappropriate sexual nature plus some sort of spammy link. I've removed them all. But I will be approving comments before the show up on the blog for a while.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim on my lap


This little girl spent so much time on my lap this morning, I am only getting to this post much later than I planned and even then it was because I finally had to move her to go and get her some food, and after she ate she wandered off for a bit.

6 comments:

  1. I love salt and vinegar chips too! I like them really vinegar-y, so my mouth almost burns!!
    I love silly face care things too! I'm not much of a makeup person, but skincare I take seriously!
    Dim Sim looks so content!
    I get weird spammy comments on old blog posts too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was younger and pre-vegan, Smiths (who annoyingly have dairy in their S&V) had limited edition chips with an extra flavour packet you could add to double strength flavour. The salt and vinegar one basically stripped the roof of your mouth, but it was so good and I would do it again if I could.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the spam!

    I do indeed call the beans that, ha!

    As for spending, I don't know how to evaluate it, except that I have noticed that even when it feels like I'm spending a lot I don't appear to be actually spending a lot, because APPARENTLY staying home all the time and not having any reason to buy gasoline, clothes, food out when I've forgotten something, hotel rooms in fun places (sigh), etc. means I'm accumulating money. The same may be true for you. If it really helps you feel better and you have money to spend, be thankful and spend it. Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful indeed that I am able to buy things purely to make me happy!

      Delete
  3. Yay for a good vegan salt & vinegar chip, and your rice & beans lunch looks so good!
    I've found myself buying a lot more books than usual, and the other day, I ordered a bunch of shirts from a shop on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had so many books arrive but I have been slowly working through a big sci-fi book so my to read pile is growing big and looking awesome and I can't wait to get into them!

      Delete