Tuesday 7 July 2020

Eating Out*: Tea Master

*Pre-COVID

This was my last time eating out before things got serious. I haven't eaten out since! Had I known, I would have picked somewhere else for my last time eating out in months, but how could we have known? Anyway, I had a friend visiting Brisbane for a conference, and we met up at Tea Master for dinner after she finished one day. You can see my other Tea Master posts here.

They have a large selection of fun bubble teas. I got Passionfruit Juice with Basil Seeds and my friend got Black Tea with Pearls.

Passionfruit Juice with Basil Seeds and Tea with Pearls at TeaMaster


We shared some starters - the radish cakes and beancurd rolls. The beancurd rolls are very different from the ones I love, the ones here are filled with some sort of mock meaty thing. The radish cakes are pretty nice, they are chopped small and deep fried. I still prefer the pan-fried version.

Radish Cakes at TeaMaster


Bean Curd Rolls at TeaMaster


Not everything is vegan, but it is clearly marked on the menu what is. We both got a set meal, which came with rice, vegetables, and a pudding cup. We got a Roasted Eel set meal and a Roasted Duck set meal, and we shared our mock meats. The eel was not bad, the duck was nice but quite oily as I find mock duck tends to be. You don't get to choose your pudding cup, I ended up with coconut but my friend swapped with me so I had her green tea one.

Roasted Eel Set Meal at TeaMaster


Roasted Duck Meal at TeaMaster


After dinner we hugged goodbye (oh, hugs, I miss you)!

Under current easing restrictions, Tea Master is now open for dine in, but only 10 people at a time given their space. They are still available for take away.

So, this is the last eating out post I have. But don't fear, I will be continuing this theme but instead highlighting the deliveries we have been getting at least once a week and the very occasional takeaway I have got if I have had to go out for other reasons.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Dim Sim and her reflection


I love this photo of Dim Sim sitting by the pool (on her harness when we went out for a walk) with her reflection showing in the water.

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I think the last time I ate out was at a lousy falafel place that has weird-tasting food because a co-worker wanted to go there. If I'd known that was the last...ugh.

    This is probably not the thing that jumps out to most people, but I love their serving dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love beautiful serving dishes as well! It always makes eating a bit more fun. And photographs nicer than just a big white plate. ;)

      Delete
  2. I often stop by Tea Master when I'm in Brisbane! (It's gonna be so long 'til I can make it back. :( ) I'm keen to try the turnip cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brisbane will be here waiting for you when you can come back! But I'd recommend Easy House for the best turnip cakes!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip! I have a couple of old friends who live on the Gold Coast, I should figure out a way for us to meet up there in the long-distant future. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the serving dishes, too; what fun designs!
    Dim Sim's fur looks so beautiful in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is radiant in the sun, I love it.

      Delete