Saturday 25 July 2020

Art Post!

Hello friends, and welcome to the 1000th post on my blog! It started in 2008, so that is 12 years of posting to get to 1000. There have been long periods of absence in there. But I am glad I always have my blog and my lovely blogging community to return to.

Perhaps weirdly, this milestone post is not going to be about food! I shared a post about art previously, as one of the things that is making me happy these days is buying lots of lovely art and supporting independent artists. Deliveries of delightful art have been one of the things keeping my spirits up during this weird time. So here are some of the things! As well as prints, I am including things like patches, pins, stickers, and doodles.

From my favourite artist, BunnyDee , two fabulous packages! One is a bunch of prints I bought, including a beautiful The Last Unicorn inspired print and a print of the Rosy Maple Moth as a cat, my favourite moth! I also got another amazing package from backing her Kickstarter for the Luna Moth Cat Enamel Pin. As well as the pin, it came with bonuses and stretch goals including prints, another pin, patches, and stickers. I have some more prints from her on the way, so look for them in a future post!

Bunnydee order


Bunnydee Kickstarter


These are some BunnyDee luna moth cat prints that I have framed. It is taking me some time to actually get the frames at the moment, but when things go up on the wall at last it makes me so happy!

Bunny Dee Luna Moth Cat Prints


I got a beautiful letter from my friend Sarra who lives in Seattle, and it included some wonderful stickers and a beautiful photo of daffodils she had taken on one of her walks.

Letter from Sarra


My friend Elyce Phillips, amazing artist and also commedian, was raising funds by offering to draw a witch for any donation to a group supporting trans rights after a certain author made some horrible TERF statements. For my donation, I got this graphic sent of a delightful purple haired witch with a kitty. Of course, always cats.

Witch by Elyce


Heidiroo is another artist I found on Instagram who I love. As well as doing awesome art, with a lot of cats, she also is a vegan and has a delightful kitty called Peanut who I am low-key obsessed with. I made my first order from here earlier this year, and was thrilled when it arrived.

Heidiroo Art


Another project I backed was the Pridosaur Pins on Indiegogo, but now available here. The premise was dinosaurs to represent different identities in the LGBTQIA+ community, with the dino names turned into cute puns. I got the Arosaurus (aromantic) and Archaeopterace (asexual) pins. Also some cute stickers I will have to take a photo of some time. As both ace and aro, I love being included in queer indentity collections! Ace has been getting prominence for a couple of years, but I feel like aro is only just starting to show up. It is nice to see.

Pridosaur Pins


I also love the art of Stasia Burrington, who I found on Instagram. My first order from her just came a few days ago! Including this rainbow cat print that I just am besotted with, a few stickers, and a bunch of lovely 5 x 7 inch prints.

Stasia Burrington Art


Also recently arrived is this selection from Candy Doll Club. I bought the MLP pin and sticker, and the What Would Buffy Do pencil (that is art so I will never use), and the other stickers were bonuses included.

Candy Doll Club Order


Speaking of stickers, I finally stuck some of my awesome sticker collection on my laptop! Kind of. I actually used BlueTac so I can remove them as desired. I suffer from sticker commitment phobia. I really don't want to lose stickers when I eventually have to get a new laptop. So this was my midway solution.

Laptop Stickers


Finally, some doodle art. I sporadically feel like I want to do some doodling. Danielle (of BunnyDee), gave me some advice to just start by drawing things I can see around me. As I have mostly been in my house, here are a few not very good doodles plus the item that inspired them.

Sketching


Doodle


Thanks for looking at some art, I hope it made you smile a bit! I will be back tomorrow with post 1001, and back to regular food scheduling.

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

MPA Art in Ikea Frame with Shannon Meow embellishment


Framed cat portraits on the wall


These are all commissioned artworks I have shown before of my girls, but I thought for this art post I'd share how they are now framed! These are pink A4 frames from Ikea, that have tragically now been replaced by a salmon colour rather than the pale pink of my dreams. I am glad I have a bunch of them still! The top one I am particularly proud of, as it was an 8 x 10 inch print. I used some pink cardboard to put behind it, and a cute sticker I had to embellish it. So even though the print doesn't fit the frame, I love how it looks. The bottom photo is the framed and hung individual portraits of my girls. They are up on the wall opposite my bed, and I love looking at them!

7 comments:

  1. 1,000 posts, wow! Congratulations!!
    I love when I put something new on the wall too. I need to get more art for my walls, they're more bare than I like.
    I love it all, but my three favorites are the witch with the cat, and the last two pictures, the one with you and your girls, and the framed pictures of your girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have so much art sitting around on my floor that I need to get up on walls. I am suffering from running out of wall space by still definitely wanting to buy more art!

      Delete
  2. So much art, and congrats on 1,000 posts!
    I understand what you mean about "sticker commitment phobia" -- it took me years to finally put a bunch of stickers on my computer. It's sad knowing I'll lose them when the computer inevitably goes, but it's nice to actually be able to see them now! I like your idea for attaching stickers to your laptop!
    Your sketches are so cute; thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sticker commitment phobia is real! I love the way they look on my laptop, so I will enjoy them until it is time to get a new one and then I can move them across! Or change them up as I feel like it.

      Delete
  3. That's amazing you've hit 1000 posts! What an achievement! You started blogging one year before I did.

    I loved seeing all of your artwork, and the framed pieces look so nice! That's fun you've been doodling. It feels good to be creative in different ways than usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I could get into a more regular doodling process, it is really fun to use my brain that way. Also a big thing for me to try, because my perfectionist tendencies mean that if I am not certain I can do something 100%, I won't try at all from fear. So doodling is a fun way to also try and work through some of those issues!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your 1000th post! So many great artworks here, they just got better and better the further I scrolled. :D

    ReplyDelete