Tuesday 21 July 2020

Eating In: Loving Hut

Hello friends, and welcome to 'Eating In', basically the same as my 'Eating Out' posts (and I'll still be labelling them as such for ease) but for food I have had delivered to my house during these times of COVID where there has been no eating out. Even though restaurants are opening up again here, I have no immediate plans to visit them to eat out until I can feel a bit safer. Even though I dream about eating out. How wonderful it would be to be able to eat out with a friend, or go for a solo lunch just me and my book. My heart wants it, but my brain knows that even the way things are going in QLD, there is just too much uncertainty at the moment. Oh well. Instead of restaurant plated food, I can instead dazzle your eyes with photos of deliveries in plastic boxes!

One of the bright points of being in isolation was when my beloved Loving Hut announced that they would be doing Saturday night deliveries. It was only for about two months, and they don't do it any more now that they have reopened for dine in (still take away available though), but having Loving Hut delivered to my house was a dream come true! You can see previous Loving Hut posts here.

The first time I had to order my favourite (and recently returned the menu) Singapore Noodles. These are delicious, though a bit oily, so they go wonderfully alonside some fresh summer rolls.

Singapore Noodles and Summer Rolls from Loving Hut


My other favourite is the Beijin Black Bean, which is so wonderfully savoury and I love the TVP-style beef slices in it. I ordered this a couple of times.

Beijing Black Bean from Loving Hut


Another great combination is the Seven Seas Delight with a side of their Steamed BBQ Pork Buns.

Seven Seas Delight and BBQ Buns from Loving Hut


Whenever we would order, I would always get a Heavenly Salad to keep for the next day. Then I would toss it with some chopped baby cos lettuce for a delicious huge salad lunch.

Heavenly Salad from Loving Hut


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Jed


Back at work at least means I get to hang out with sweet Jed again. Here is is sleeping in his window bed. It is actually a sink in front of the window, but we never use it so it has been filled with blankets to make a lovely napping spot.

5 comments:

  1. Singapore noodles sound great about now! What is in the Seven Seas Delight? It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Seven Seas Delight is like a crispy soy protein with seaweed, and a soy ginger sauce. It says it is a 'soy fish', but it doesn't taste fishy at all. Just the flavour of seaweed, which I love. Not the flavour of faux fish, which I do not like.

      Delete
  2. I love Singapore noodles so much!!
    I so regret not eating at Loving Hut while I lived in Seattle, everything looks so good!!
    Tell Jed he has a huge fan in SLC, Utah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall Jed when I see him tomorrow!
      I love visiting other Loving Huts to see the different stuff on the menu!

      Delete
  3. These all sound delicious, and I love the idea of ordering a salad for lunch the next day!
    Jed looks so comfy; I'm sure he was happy to see you again!

    ReplyDelete