Friday 12 May 2023

Midweek Munchies

A touch past the middle of the week, but midweek is more a state of mind and a fun alliteration. You can have a midweek munchy any time of the week!

Pana has baking chocolate now! Including dark, very important if you are me. The cool thing about Pana is that they are on the Food Empowerment Project approved chocolate list! I haven't used these yet, as my baking motivation is currenrly all burned out, but I am looking forward to trying these next time the baking urge strikes.

Pana Baking Chocolate


Dandies Maple Flavoured Mini Marshmallows! OMG these are so sweet... like... so sweet. They also all stuck together in my packet, so you couldn't easily pull out a handful. But I do recommend pulling out a wodge and sandwiching it between to Gingernut biscuits with some salted crunchy peanut butter. That is an excellent little dessert snack.

Dandies Maple Mini Marshmallows


Coles Nature's Kitchen (one of their in-store vegan lines) came out with some jarred bolognese sauces. It has TVP-style meaty bits in a tomato sauce. I sauteed up some carrots, celery, and mushroom to add in to mine. It was fine. Nothing outstanding, but not bad. Good for times when you need something convenient and quick to make.

Nature's Kitchen Bolognese


Nature's Kitchen Bolognese


On hot sweaty summer days, of which we have many here in Brisbane, these ice blocks are incredible. They are so refreshing, lightly sweet but not overly so, and they just really help you cool down when you think you are about to boil from the inside out. Highly recommend!

Coconut and Lychee Pops


Picked up some Heinz Vegan Aioli in clearance and, as it says on the bottle, it is seriously good. It is not super garlicky, so not really like an aioli at all, but certainly like some sort of taste enhanced mayo. I'd buy it at full price.

Heinz Vegan Aioli


Finishing it up with a weird drink. This tasted kind of gross, like some weird funky lemon water. But you know I had to try it. It is getting harder and harder to find silly drinks that don't have stevia in them, so I am required by law to try all the ones that do not.

Silly Drink


Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Mirabelle


It is Eurovision week! Which means getting up for 5am live watches of the semi finals on Wednesday and Friday, before the 5am Sunday morning grand final! It is also Mirabelle and Eloise's first Eurovision. This was Mirabelle watching me watching the first semi final on Wednesday morning.



8 comments:

  1. My goodness your Gingetnut biscuit Dandies snack sounds amazing! I need to make those soon. Enjoy Eurovision. - Sri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty inspired snack, if I do say so myself.

      Delete
  2. I am not super into marshmallows but I love your serving suggestion!

    And I've had the same experience with that aioli - bought it because it was cut-price, loved it, and now I'm happily paying full price to keep it in my fridge. My favourite condiment for all burger and sandwich-y things made at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has no right being so good! I need to get some more. I just wish the leftovers didn't cling to the side of the plastic so much. Hard to get it all out at the end.

      Delete
  3. I'm amazed that you have the flavored Dandies! I've been trying to find some of those for ages and never have. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh long time no see! I've missed you so much <3 Your treats look incredible, how have I never heard of maple dandies?! I need!!! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete