Monday 8 May 2023

Eating Out: Brisbane Vegan Twilight Markets (October 2022)

Another blog post already, my goodness! The blogging urge seems to be resurfacing. I have posted many times about assorted markets in different places run by QLD Vegan Markets, but lately I have been enjoying the monthly twilight market. It is the closest location to myself, and is not as punishingly sunny as the other morning markets. This is from the visit I made to the October markets.

On this visit, I started with some miso corn on the cob from a stall Miso Corny. They have since changed their business from corn on the cob to toasted cheese sandwiches, so you can't get this anymore, but I really enjoyed it. I love corn on the cob.

Miso Corny from Miso Corn at Brisbane Vegan Markets


Followed up with a bento box from :D Select, which seems to be what Izakaya Midori is calling their marked stalls now. This had BBQ tofu, with potato salad (yum), brown rice, steamed vegetables with garlic sauce and mayo, and some sort of capsicum thing that I didn't eat.

Bento Box from D Select at Brisbane Vegan Markets


And I finished up with an old favourite, The Cookie Wookie (with chocolate sauce instead of caramel) from I Should Coco.

Cookie Wookie with Chocolate Sauce from I Should Coco at Brisbane Vegan Markets


There were two doughnut stalls there! I went with a new to me one, though I don't remember the name. They had iced donuts in a million flavours, but they also made fresh filled doughnuts to order! I got one cinnamon sugar doughnut (no filling, just pure cinnamon sugar goodness) and one with lemon passionfruit curd to take home.

Lemon Passionfruit Curd Donut and Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut at Brisbane Vegan Markets


I also brought home some lovely little treats from Vegetabelle, an OG of the Brisbane vegan market scene. I absolutely adore their mini lemon meringe tarts! I also got some pumpkin spice cookies and a s'mores cookie.

Lemon Meringue Tart, Pumpkin Spice Cookies, S'mores Cookie from Vegetabelle at Brisbane Vegan Markets


I don't go to these markets every month, but I have been to a couple more since then, so look forward to some more posts about those visits coming up!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Mirabelle and Eloise both on the foot of my bed while I was reading the other night.

Mirabelle and Eloise




7 comments:

  1. First I thought they were part of the decor. They are in such perfect alignment. The bedding is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I plan my room aesthetics around looking good with black cats? Yes, I definitely did. LOL

      Delete
  2. Wow, wow, wow - two posts in as many days! And such lovely food in both posts. I agree about the cat pic - totally looks like home decor with how well your cats blend right in 😜. Hope studies and work are going well. - Sri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cats like to add to the decor as well by leaving their black fur everywhere!

      Delete
  3. One year I *swear* I will line up my Brisbane travels with one of these markets. So far I've been out of sync every time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss lemon meringue. It was my favorite summery pie! And that one looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete